Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-08-2008, 07:16 PM   #11
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRacer View Post
One of the members on the TBs.com board (turbofish38) gained noteriety being the 1997 Nebraska Region SCCA Street Tire Class Champion and the SCCA Street Tire Class runner up in 1996, 1998 & 1999. His "weapon of choice" for SCCA use was an '87 GN with 36 lb. injectors, stock intercooler, stock live axle with OEM 3.42 rear gear and a TA-49 turbo that ran 11.80s at 115 in a straight line when called upon. He never did reveal his entire combo other than to say that he used Camaro parts and spent a lot of time getting the shock & spring combo right. With enough time, patience and $$$ anything is possible!
Well a couple points:
I'll agree that with enough time money and patience, you can go very far, but at some point you're also no where near the original car. Did turbofish38 strip it down, move weight around (fuel cell location), convert from auto-> manual, etc., etc.?

Exactly which street tire class? I'm guessing the one limiting size to 225. If so, he wasn't running against the Vettes, Vipers, Porsches, etc. of the world.

And if he was running a vaguely stock GN against vaguely stock sports cars (in a competitive region), and beating them, it doesn't tell me the GN is a great sports car platform, it tells me he is a truly gifted driver.

Are any of the TB guys out here into AutoX, Road Racing? If so, we should crash a Porsche or Ferrari Track day sometime. That'd be a hoot.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-09-2008, 07:01 PM   #12
Super Moderator

Now accepting challenges.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:08 PM   #13
Super Moderator

By the way, my friend Justin's Miata is probably the best handling car I've ever been in.

Granted I'm not a fat guy and I was basically too big to fit in the racing seat, much less get out of the car with the steering wheel installed, plus my head stuck up past the highest point of the roll bar. And the coil overs will rattle your teeth out, but damn can that 2100lb car handle.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:13 PM   #14
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
By the way, my friend Justin's Miata is probably the best handling car I've ever been in.

Granted I'm not a fat guy and I was basically too big to fit in the racing seat, much less get out of the car with the steering wheel installed, plus my head stuck up past the highest point of the roll bar. And the oil overs will rattle your teeth out, but damn can that 2100lb car handle.
Unfortunately, Miata = I like MX-5's though
Old 04-09-2008, 11:30 PM   #15
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Unfortunately, Miata = I like MX-5's though
My wife's MX-5 is the best handling car I've driven yet.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)