Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums

Motorgen - Automotive Events, Meets, Cruises and Forums (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/index.php)
-   Domestic (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   morgan's blue beast burn out (http://www.motorgen.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156)

bgn8711 03-05-2008 11:21 AM

morgan's blue beast burn out

http://www.shofstetter.com/uploads/B...nal_Export.avi

Bad ass car, can't wait to see this 7,000 dollar car with another 2,000 or so into it rape Ben and Sean :eek:

Vettezuki 03-05-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bgn8711 (Post 768)
http://www.shofstetter.com/uploads/B...nal_Export.avi

Bad ass car, can't wait to see this 7,000 dollar car with another 2,000 or so into it rape Ben and Sean :eek:

As long as it doesn't have to deal with any of that sticky turning business . . . Adam's Vette ain't too far off that price range. It'd do fine in a straight line and it'd be a prison rape in the twisties . . . though it's got some rough edges here and there.

bgn8711 03-05-2008 12:09 PM

...I love Adam's car but it is the epidamy of functionality, Morgan's car is an entirely different animal. It is very comfy and has all the comforts youd expect from a buick, either way a bad ass burn out!

enkeivette 03-12-2008 10:07 PM

Adams car is soon to have all the emblems removed, holes glassed over (including the antenna hole), and receive a shiny new black paint job. Possibly a custom front bumper with no license plate area which will be molded in... Next project, to commence right after the DC tour.

Should be a sexy bitch!

BTW, Eric's Dad will be painting the car. He's a professional painter, so it should look awesome and be relatively very cheap. Also, also, all of the lights (sidemarkers included) will be blacked out. Sexxxx.

SeanPlunk 03-12-2008 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 856)
Adams car is soon to have all the emblems removed, holes glassed over (including the antenna hole), and receive a shiny new black paint job. Possibly a custom front bumper with no license plate area which will be molded in... Next project, to commence right after the DC tour.

Should be a sexy bitch!

BTW, Eric's Dad will be painting the car. He's a professional painter, so it should look awesome and be relatively very cheap. Also, also, all of the lights (sidemarkers included) will be blacked out. Sexxxx.

How much are you looking at for the entire job?

Vettezuki 03-12-2008 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enkeivette (Post 856)
. . . Also, also, all of the lights (sidemarkers included) will be blacked out. Sexxxx.

Tickets.:judge:

enkeivette 03-18-2008 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeanPlunk (Post 858)
How much are you looking at for the entire job?

Not sure, should be cheap though. I'll let you know.

TRacer 04-07-2008 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vettezuki (Post 769)
As long as it doesn't have to deal with any of that sticky turning business . . . .

Actually, it handles better than you might anticipate...there is chassis bracing hidden in the front and rear, new springs, good sized sway bars, new shocks and I've replaced body mount bushings. I have a set of GNX bushings for it too to tighten it up further but to get them in you have to unbolt the body from the frame and jack it up, so that's going to be a project. 8P

Vettezuki 04-08-2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRacer (Post 1413)
Actually, it handles better than you might anticipate...there is chassis bracing hidden in the front and rear, new springs, good sized sway bars, new shocks and I've replaced body mount bushings. I have a set of GNX bushings for it too to tighten it up further but to get them in you have to unbolt the body from the frame and jack it up, so that's going to be a project. 8P

That's likely since I don't anticipate it to handle all that well. No doubt basic stiffening and whatnot will give a tighter feel, but there's a lot that goes into how much speed can be carried through corners and how fast a car can change direction. No question TB/GNs are some of the best straight line values in automotive history. And heck, there sort of like actual cars even; useful for putting around, real back seats etc. No doubt they can be made to handle better than stock. However, I believe there are some real fundamental limitations in far it can go; just as I'll never get the Vette to handle like a Lotus . . . it's not in the cards.

I don't know what tune Brian is singing now, but in the past he has suggested a tuned TB could be made to outrun a Tuned C3 on a road course. This prompted me to inquire within.

TRacer 04-08-2008 04:19 PM

One of the members on the TBs.com board (turbofish38) gained noteriety being the 1997 Nebraska Region SCCA Street Tire Class Champion and the SCCA Street Tire Class runner up in 1996, 1998 & 1999. His "weapon of choice" for SCCA use was an '87 GN with 36 lb. injectors, stock intercooler, stock live axle with OEM 3.42 rear gear and a TA-49 turbo that ran 11.80s at 115 in a straight line when called upon. He never did reveal his entire combo other than to say that he used Camaro parts and spent a lot of time getting the shock & spring combo right. With enough time, patience and $$$ anything is possible! ;)