Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-22-2008, 08:34 PM   #101
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
lol really id put money on it if all you guys where to drive your car, then an sti, then an evo.

that the evo would be the one car that doesnt feel like you driving a 3200+lb 4 door car. and that you would say the driving and response feels like a fast ass go-kart on rails.

i had a stripped down 95 and 99 eclipse turbo awd models maybe weighing 2600lbs if that with suspension and body braces everywhere and they felt like cruise liners compared to a stock evo suspension and steering.
Stock Evos are amazing. A little too much body roll, and a little too much understeer, but that's easily fixed. You can't beat a good AWD system on a road course.

And no offense but my car has way less body roll and even more cornering grip than a stock evo. Not that this is a fair comparison. But back to what I was saying, I'd be willing to bet that mine is under 3200lbs.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:42 PM   #102
Super Moderator

Let me add one thing to that, the great thing about an Evo (being an AWD car) you can maintain control of the car when the tires start to lose traction way past the point that you can maintain control in a RWD car.

This is why the Viper pulls more Gs on a skid pad & accelerates faster than an Evo, but it can't touch the Evo in a slalom course.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:34 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Sure. When can I drive yours?
buy me some new sticky tires and ill let you go to town for a day.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:11 PM   #104
Internet Tough Guy

In all seriousness, EVO are actually pretty good track cars. They are definately well rounded (handling/ power/ brakes) and capable of running with boxxers and some 911s.

For anyone that is interested in going to the track with me here is the price breakdown:

1 day ~ $135
2 Days~ $250
Optional transponder rental is $30, but you are not allowed to rent them in the junior rungroups.

Helmets are a must. Each day you get 3x 20 minute sessions and 1x 25 minute session at the end. this is actually a great deal since they use the fees that we pay to subsidise some of the racers (BMW/ Porsche CUP cars, American Irons/ AIX, Camero Mustang Challenge, Time trials, Super sevens, ETC......). That great because the racers are tasked to be driving instructors in between there sessions/ races. That mean there will mostlikely be someone there that has alot of expierence running a car similar to what you are running.

Buttonwillow: They run it in primarily 2 configurations
1) clockwise with the lost hill and with out the Star Mazda corner
2) Counterclockwise with teh star mazda corner.

Willow spring: Only runfull course Clockwise. I was reaching 145mph on hte front straight with the stock motor and run flats!

I go with NASA PRO Racing which is a nation wide organization that hits just about every major track. If you've ever been autocrossing you will never go back after just one of these events.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:55 PM   #105
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
. . .

I go with NASA PRO Racing which is a nation wide organization that hits just about every major track. If you've ever been autocrossing you will never go back after just one of these events.
Please provide a link(s) of where calendars for these events our and I'll put them in ours.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-23-2008, 02:06 AM   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
In all seriousness, EVO are actually pretty good track cars. They are definately well rounded (handling/ power/ brakes) and capable of running with boxxers and some 911s.

For anyone that is interested in going to the track with me here is the price breakdown:

1 day ~ $135
2 Days~ $250
Optional transponder rental is $30, but you are not allowed to rent them in the junior rungroups.

Helmets are a must. Each day you get 3x 20 minute sessions and 1x 25 minute session at the end. this is actually a great deal since they use the fees that we pay to subsidise some of the racers (BMW/ Porsche CUP cars, American Irons/ AIX, Camero Mustang Challenge, Time trials, Super sevens, ETC......). That great because the racers are tasked to be driving instructors in between there sessions/ races. That mean there will mostlikely be someone there that has alot of expierence running a car similar to what you are running.

Buttonwillow: They run it in primarily 2 configurations
1) clockwise with the lost hill and with out the Star Mazda corner
2) Counterclockwise with teh star mazda corner.

Willow spring: Only runfull course Clockwise. I was reaching 145mph on hte front straight with the stock motor and run flats!

thats actually a good price...... ive only seen one cheaper at $105 and it was an evo track day the forum organized years ago with a bunch of us but there really wasnt to much time to run for each car. oh ya and i got a freakin flat tire when we got there :-(

anywho buttonwillow is to far for may blood to drive but im down for willow springs or horse thief mile.

and one day i would really love to go around laguna saca! if i ever find myself in that area and im prepared to run my car im gonna have too just to experience it
Old 09-23-2008, 07:49 AM   #107
Internet Tough Guy

I'm planning a Laguna Seca trip for this comming spring.

http://socal.drivenasa.com/schedule/...-schedule.html

This is hte link fo rhte Socal Nasaprocaring calender. You should also check out the AZ and Norcal events since they offer some great tracks.