Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-21-2008, 07:38 PM   #91
I, Vettezuki

BTW, what does a fully dressed Evo engine weigh, including turbos etc.?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-22-2008, 12:11 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
BTW, what does a fully dressed Evo engine weigh, including turbos etc.?
i wanna know his mods

oh ya and as for the engine, damn i forgot the weight and i remember it said it on the box when i ordered me new one

the head is around 90 with all the crap in it cams etc......
the full turbo assembly from header to o2 housing is on the high side of 60lbs pretty much 70 i know this because i had to ship a few lol

intake mani is 20lbs with throttle body

and as for the block it barely heavier then what i can carry with pistons crank and everything in it. and i carry 150lb packages at work alot so i know its for sure heavier then that. and its iron. id say around 200 give or take.

so my guestimate weight comes out to 380lbs

and i know the car as a whole is 3200+lbs

i couldnt find the real weight online too quicky so i just gave up lol but if i come accross it ill let you know.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:12 AM   #93
Internet Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
i wanna know his mods

oh ya and as for the engine, damn i forgot the weight and i remember it said it on the box when i ordered me new one

the head is around 90 with all the crap in it cams etc......
the full turbo assembly from header to o2 housing is on the high side of 60lbs pretty much 70 i know this because i had to ship a few lol

intake mani is 20lbs with throttle body

and as for the block it barely heavier then what i can carry with pistons crank and everything in it. and i carry 150lb packages at work alot so i know its for sure heavier then that. and its iron. id say around 200 give or take.

so my guestimate weight comes out to 380lbs

and i know the car as a whole is 3200+lbs

i couldnt find the real weight online too quicky so i just gave up lol but if i come accross it ill let you know.

I have a hundred dollars that says Evos weigh at least 3350-3500lbs! Lets take a trip to a scale.

I will be at buttonwillow on the weekend of October 12th if you want to bust some laps out. Unfortunately having fewer cylinders, turbos, and a transfer case hasn't helped out any of hte other EVOs, STIs, Porsches I've run into.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:11 AM   #94
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
I will be at buttonwillow on the weekend of October 12th if you want to bust some laps out. Unfortunately having fewer cylinders, turbos, and a transfer case hasn't helped out any of hte other EVOs, STIs, Porsches I've run into.
How much does it cost you to run at Buttonwillow?
Old 09-22-2008, 10:44 AM   #95
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Curb Weight Exo VIII - 1320 kg (2910 lb)–1410 kg (3109 lb)
Curb Weight Evo IX - Curb weight 1310 kg (2888 lb)–1400 kg (3086 lb)

I bet they're both heavier though....
Old 09-22-2008, 11:21 AM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Curb Weight Exo VIII - 1320 kg (2910 lb)–1410 kg (3109 lb)
Curb Weight Evo IX - Curb weight 1310 kg (2888 lb)–1400 kg (3086 lb)

I bet they're both heavier though....
oh ya there for sure heavier like the 3200lb's i threw out there is probably closer to the evo RS base stripped down model weight mine is most likely in the 33XX area and if you see evo's with a sun roof *like my old one :-(* its probably in the 3400+lbs area and then add the driver weight. then again the evo was never ment to be some stripped down top end light weight areodynamic racer. its a rigid brick that was ment to take some off road abuse from 1st-3rd gear

like no joke though the evo could have been sooooo much heavier if you ever feel the body panels and everything else in the car you can tell they tried there best to use the lightest materials they could and the car still ended up 3000+lbs. if mitsu would have used generic cheap materials like on a civic the evo would be alot closer to 4000+lbs lol

as for the track event....cant make it so far i onlt have a grand and thats going to clutch land. and soon i should come up on 2 more spare g's to pary for the rest of it and get some rubber and what evers left over might be able to be used on a track event lol.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:51 PM   #97
Super Moderator

Yeah lets take a trip to a scale, I'd really like to find out how much my full framed iron block Vette weighs. I'll bet it's less than the Evo! I had no idea they were that heavy btw, I guess with the AWD it's not that bad though.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:41 PM   #98
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Yeah lets take a trip to a scale, I'd really like to find out how much my full framed iron block Vette weighs. I'll bet it's less than the Evo! I had no idea they were that heavy btw, I guess with the AWD it's not that bad though.

My C2 -with all the loose junk out - is just under 3,000 lbs.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 09-22-2008, 03:58 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
lol really id put money on it if all you guys where to drive your car, then an sti, then an evo.

that the evo would be the one car that doesnt feel like you driving a 3200+lb 4 door car. and that you would say the driving and response feels like a fast ass go-kart on rails.

i had a stripped down 95 and 99 eclipse turbo awd models maybe weighing 2600lbs if that with suspension and body braces everywhere and they felt like cruise liners compared to a stock evo suspension and steering.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:06 PM   #100
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
lol really id put money on it if all you guys where to drive your car, then an sti, then an evo.

that the evo would be the one car that doesnt feel like you driving a 3200+lb 4 door car. and that you would say the driving and response feels like a fast ass go-kart on rails.

i had a stripped down 95 and 99 eclipse turbo awd models maybe weighing 2600lbs if that with suspension and body braces everywhere and they felt like cruise liners compared to a stock evo suspension and steering.
Sure. When can I drive yours?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)