Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-28-2009, 12:55 PM   #61
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by st-evo-9*corn fed-8urvet* View Post
. . .

so if they can pull this off! i would highly suggest anyone to go there, they will work with costumers.
Is this Tuning Technologies?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-28-2009, 03:40 PM   #62
Super Moderator

Do the math or ask them where the cutoff point is, if it's close, bargain with them. And tell them that you'll take less in exchange for a clean title. It'll prob save you in the long run.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Is this Tuning Technologies?

naw not them they do all my mechanical work, but not any body stuff or painting

ill say the name of the place after its all done with i dont want any drama happening over someone happening across this thread who wasnt ment to happen across it

and vette i know all that im trying my hardest to come up with a compremise for everyone

also here is the salvage/stolen 05 evo i found at an auction it should be up for sale in a week or 2 maybe 3 at the longest.

it should sell for 1-2.5 grand and have just about every part i need and might need, except for a front bumper, head lights, bbs evo rim. but i get 4 normal enkie evo rims, leather door panels, new doors so i wont have that lame dent in my rear one, front windshield and spare brembos haha

the only thing that is gonna be noticably different in my car will be the dash because older evo's done have the carbon fiber trim, and the steering wheel will be a grey/silver color not the 06 black color.

as you can tell i would go to hell and back for my car.

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:35 PM   #64
Super Moderator

You should just drop your motor in that Evo, buy a carbon fiber front bumper cover, sell your Evo after robbing it of the lights etc. and call it a day. You can do all that in your driveway.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:24 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
You should just drop your motor in that Evo, buy a carbon fiber front bumper cover, sell your Evo after robbing it of the lights etc. and call it a day. You can do all that in your driveway.
ya i know i can the only thing that scares me though is i have to rewire the whole car because 05 and o6 evo's dont use the same ecu or ecu harnesses, thanks to mivec on my car :-(

also im scared of the whole vin number thing like i dont know if there is some way that maybe the chassis will have one vin along with other places around the car and it dash and wat not and then i drop all my shit in it and say its my car.....with a clean title and something happens to pop up which shows all the vins being mixed around! and it gets crushed b./c they think its stolen or has stolen parts

Old 02-28-2009, 09:36 PM   #66
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
. . .

also im scared of the whole vin number thing like i dont know if there is some way that maybe the chassis will have one vin along with other places around the car and it dash and wat not and then i drop all my shit in it and say its my car.....with a clean title and something happens to pop up which shows all the vins being mixed around! and it gets crushed b./c they think its stolen or has stolen parts
It's the same as when doing an engine swap. You need a bill of sale of the VIN number of the source of parts. This is exactly what the DMV uses to check if the engine is legit or stolen. As long as you have this record of purchase showing the VIN numbers of the source and target you'll be fine.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-01-2009, 05:22 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
It's the same as when doing an engine swap. You need a bill of sale of the VIN number of the source of parts. This is exactly what the DMV uses to check if the engine is legit or stolen. As long as you have this record of purchase showing the VIN numbers of the source and target you'll be fine.
now there is the slight problem of me finding out that 26k is owed on the car and yet they wanna value it at 23k......

Old 03-02-2009, 10:41 PM   #68
Super Moderator

Use your harness and your ECU, your instrument cluster too...

Is that an 05? You can drop your 06 engine in an 05, I'm pretty sure it would be smog legit. Zuki would know.

If you don't buy that one, here's a hood. Should save you 2 lbs.
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/1036552926.html
Old 03-02-2009, 10:41 PM   #69
Super Moderator

Quote:
now there is the slight problem of me finding out that 26k is owed on the car and yet they wanna value it at 23k......
Do you have gap coverage?
Old 03-02-2009, 11:51 PM   #70
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Use your harness and your ECU, your instrument cluster too...

Is that an 05? You can drop your 06 engine in an 05, I'm pretty sure it would be smog legit. Zuki would know.

If you don't buy that one, here's a hood. Should save you 2 lbs.
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/1036552926.html
His 06 wasn't exactly smog legal. but yeah, no sweat putting a an 06' into an 05'. It's exactly the same class of motor, from a later. Just make sure you keep emissions stuff, like charcoal canister from the newer year. If you ever have to go to the ref, they really are that pedantic. As for the cluster, your odomoeter is *supposed* to read the miles that are on the chassis, not the motor. But if you put in new gauges, I think there's just a form declaring the actual mileage on the chassis is not what's shown on the odometer or something like. This is if you want to play ball with the man.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)