Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-11-2010, 09:02 AM   #151
pain's fun, hit me again

so whats still needed? i have buttloads of SBF parts that im not using
Old 05-11-2010, 09:37 AM   #152
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
so whats still needed? i have buttloads of SBF parts that im not using
Dizzy
Plugs and Wires
Head Gaskets
Oil Pan Gasket
Headers and gaskets

Note this is a 60s Era SBF 302. I think these parts are common up through the 80s 5.0, but I'm not 100% sure.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-11-2010, 10:19 AM   #153
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Dizzy
Plugs and Wires
Head Gaskets
Oil Pan Gasket
Headers and gaskets

Note this is a 60s Era SBF 302. I think these parts are common up through the 80s 5.0, but I'm not 100% sure.
i have stock headers for a 88 5.0 if that would work
Old 05-11-2010, 10:23 AM   #154
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
i have stock headers for a 88 5.0 if that would work
I'll keep it in mind. Probably gonna go with some LT Swap Headers. Thanks for your consideration. Maybe I can suck you into a work day when I get rolling again.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-11-2010, 11:30 AM   #155

I think I might have some stuff to donate to your project. I have a shit ton of SBF Parts. I think i have a complete motor gasket set, header gaskets, head gasket, valve cover gaskets, intake gaskets, i also have a noisy gear drive. I Can probably just donate the gaskets if you need them. I'm in the process of looking for another fox body, but i have alot of parts i have sitting around i might be able to donate. Let me know.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #156
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89StangGuy View Post
I think I might have some stuff to donate to your project. I have a shit ton of SBF Parts. I think i have a complete motor gasket set, header gaskets, head gasket, valve cover gaskets, intake gaskets, i also have a noisy gear drive. I Can probably just donate the gaskets if you need them. I'm in the process of looking for another fox body, but i have alot of parts i have sitting around i might be able to donate. Let me know.
We'll be in need of all gaskets. Since we'll be running boost, I want to use MLS HGs, but for everything else, regular stuff would be great. Gear drive for timing (right?) would be cool, whatever you feel like throw'n in.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-11-2010, 01:32 PM   #157

Ok, well i've been trying to pick up another fox body. But I've been looking for a notch back 5.0. Haven't been having any good luck finding any. So I'm almost at the brink of giving up looking for a Ford and picking up a chevy. I have a 77 Nova but it's all stock, and slow as nuts. But as for the the gaskets, i have alot of doubles, so I'll get them together and when i plan on going to a meet which probably wont be soon (lack of car) i can hand them over to the proper people. And yes it's for timing, it's the noisy type so it might sound like you have two blowers, but if i end up not finding a mustang soon, I might think about throwing it in.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #158
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Dizzy
Plugs and Wires
Head Gaskets
Oil Pan Gasket
Headers and gaskets

Ben, the block is an 87 or newer roller block, not a 60's. Remember when we took it apart it had the spider tray in the top that holds the roller lifters in place? That's how you can tell that it's the newer block. The older blocks didn't have those.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:25 PM   #159
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Ben, the block is an 87 or newer roller block, not a 60's. Remember when we took it apart it had the spider tray in the top that holds the roller lifters in place? That's how you can tell that it's the newer block. The older blocks didn't have those.
Didn't remember. Just remebered the motor came out of Joe's sixty something.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-11-2010, 05:11 PM   #160
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
I'll keep it in mind. Probably gonna go with some LT Swap Headers. Thanks for your consideration. Maybe I can suck you into a work day when I get rolling again.
sure, i have many specialty tools that i could bring over and help with, i also have a friend that fabricates headers...