Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-22-2009, 09:05 AM   #11
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedhead View Post
I told a judge once that I thought lawyers were just a bunch of lying con men. The judge asked me if I felt that way about all lawyers and I replied every single one of them. He left me on the jury because I didn't show any bias towards a particular type of lawyer.

Bob
Old 11-22-2009, 06:25 PM   #12
Super Moderator

Quote:
I told a judge once that I thought lawyers were just a bunch of lying con men. The judge asked me if I felt that way about all lawyers and I replied every single one of them. He left me on the jury because I didn't show any bias towards a particular type of lawyer.

Bob
Hahahahahaha! Good for him. If you're evenly prejudiced against the prosecution and the defense, you're really not biased are you? Smart judge.

Not that there are any stupid judges.

And I hope you don't really feel that way about lawyers.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:14 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Hahahahahaha! Good for him. If you're evenly prejudiced against the prosecution and the defense, you're really not biased are you? Smart judge.

Not that there are any stupid judges.

And I hope you don't really feel that way about lawyers.
Not really. I just don't like corrupt lawyers, like the 300+ that make up Congress passing laws to help pad the pockets of other corrupt lawyers. I have quite a few lawyers and judges in my family and I still love them. Thank god they were there to help me out when I got divorced.
I wanted to get out of that trial, but ended up wasting 10 weeks of my time on it. My dissing of lawyers did back fire on me.
I have been called up for jury duty 5 times and 5 times I was put on the jury.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 11-24-2009, 12:46 AM   #14
Super Moderator

Quote:
Not really. I just don't like corrupt lawyers, like the 300+ that make up Congress passing laws to help pad the pockets of other corrupt lawyers. I have quite a few lawyers and judges in my family and I still love them. Thank god they were there to help me out when I got divorced.
I wanted to get out of that trial, but ended up wasting 10 weeks of my time on it. My dissing of lawyers did back fire on me.
I have been called up for jury duty 5 times and 5 times I was put on the jury.

Bob
There are corrupt people in any profession, especially in the more lucrative professions. Everyone likes to tease lawyers as ambulance chasers, but when your daughter gets raped, the prosecuting attorney will be your hero. Because cops don't lock scum up for good, lawyers do. And the defense lawyers (excluding the rich media whore types that make a bad name for all defense lawyers) are just there to make sure the accused get a fair trial, not to get them off when they're guilty.

As far as jury duty, you have so many ambiguous check boxes on that initial form that can get you off the hook. It's worked for me 3 or 4 times, without question.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:03 AM   #15
I, Vettezuki

In starting up our business recently, we got a threatening letter from her former employer. It was hooey. I told them it was hooey, but they weren't listening. They listened to our attorney who reminded them of all the violations her previous employer made and that the DOL and IRS might be interested to know, ya know, just say'n. Don't F with us we won't F with you. That was the end of that. I was happy to write our lawyer a $300 check for writing up a couple paragraphs in an hour. Honestly. He made a potential nightmare go away.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)