Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-24-2010, 09:55 AM   #21

Very nice, cant believe i havent seen it yet. Come to a meet dammit, soft spot in my heart for foxes.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:05 AM   #22
Fast & Filthy

If all you want is more power why not just throw a blower on it? The prices you have listed for things like a cam, lifters, rockers are crazy. WTF, $1000 for lifters? You can buy a set of Herbert solid roller lifters for around $350. That's what I have been running in the Chevelle for the past 13 or so years but I only paid $200 for them back then.

My Cobra runs mid 7's at Fontana and it very mild. It just has box stock AFR 165's with an E303 cam and a Vortech S-trim. I don't have any type of intercooler so when I road race I have to run straight race fuel to keep it from detonating but Vortech makes an aftercooler for the fox body so you could run that to help.
Old 09-24-2010, 05:43 PM   #23
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
If all you want is more power why not just throw a blower on it? The prices you have listed for things like a cam, lifters, rockers are crazy. WTF, $1000 for lifters? You can buy a set of Herbert solid roller lifters for around $350. That's what I have been running in the Chevelle for the past 13 or so years but I only paid $200 for them back then.

My Cobra runs mid 7's at Fontana and it very mild. It just has box stock AFR 165's with an E303 cam and a Vortech S-trim. I don't have any type of intercooler so when I road race I have to run straight race fuel to keep it from detonating but Vortech makes an aftercooler for the fox body so you could run that to help.
Yup, isky red zone lifters are the only lifters i'd trust to spin to 8500 repetedly. But i just made the decision to go completely NA on this build, the original plan was a blower. But if im spending money on the engine im going to get EXACTLY what i want instead of compromising, again...
Old 09-24-2010, 09:38 PM   #24
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic03SVT View Post
Very nice, cant believe i havent seen it yet. Come to a meet dammit, soft spot in my heart for foxes.
Thanks, i try, but i'll be going to the meet Damian posted about, so if you're going i guess i'll see you there
Old 09-26-2011, 07:47 PM   #25
pain's fun, hit me again

So bumping a year later, mostly for input from the C5 owners, what kind of mileage are you getting? I may have to drive about 200 miles a day for an upcoming LEO position, and have come to a conclusion no matter where i go for academy training i'd like to have a new DD other than my truck.

So its between a C5 and a ex service crown vic.
They both have there pros and cons, what are some things you hate about your C5's and what do you especially love?
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 09-27-2011, 06:34 AM   #26

Freeway, steady state cruise between say 70-80 its in the 25-28mpg neighborhood. With a canyon run to work every day though, im averaging right around 20mpg overall, but thats 80% city.

Love the mpg, and the maneuverability in daily traffic, and the easy power delivery. What dont i like? Ride could be considered a bit rough for day to day on crummy CA freeways ( but its a Z06, believe you were considering a standard or Z51 car, which would be better ) And its pretty loud inside for a stock car. ( again, other C5s would be better here. ) Ingress/egress is also kind of a pita, but once youre inside the seats are plenty comfy. AC and heater are also fantastic, and the radio aint bad.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:19 AM   #27
pain's fun, hit me again

How are the views from inside? Any horrid blind spots or difficult spots to see around you?

Im pretty determined on a coupe either a 99 frc or a standard if i find a smokin deal. Either way i figure anything i can afford currently will probably have 150k plus, so i'll do a pretty agressive port job on the heads, refresh the engine, stock cam, ls6 intake, and some shorties. The head work should increase efficiency a bit as well as a good bump in power. Later after i no longer have to commute to the academy i'll toss an fti cam in it. Since shocks, struts, bushings will likely be worn as well i'll upgrade what i can without going past the relm of sanity as i did with the mustang. Of course it wont be a dedicated DD, it'll share use with the 88 once its done. Hoping this all works out, i want my badge and a C5 is like my gift to myself
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:53 AM   #28

visibility is excellent, although the z06/FRC has a bit more of a blind spot than a standard coupe thanks to that bigger pillar behind you, but the mirrors are awful big and ive never really had an issue with it.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:53 AM   #29
pain's fun, hit me again

Awesome, are you gonna make it to any meets sometime soon? I'd like to sit in it if your offer is still available

Stopping the world!