Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-18-2011, 11:53 PM   #11

Nothing but the weight of your right foot and your desire to remain at the event and do well.

(From the Rule Book)
2.3 Speed Violations-Breakout Rule

A. Run speed limits in this event all allow a 5 MPH “tolerance” or “pad” without penalty. Runs that are over the limit by 5 MPH or less are not considered “breakouts” and will still count.

B. Exceeding the run speed limit on a given run by more than 5 MPH will cause that run to be discarded. The speed will not be scored or listed in the results, and no official speed slip, speed certificate, or other documentation will be issued. Exception: runs that are over the run speed limit by not more than 10 MPH will still count for license upgrade purposes.

C. Exceeding the run speed limit on a given run by more that 10 MPH will incur the penalties in the previous paragraph, and also cause an official warning to be issued.

D. If a driver has already received two official warnings at one event with the same vehicle, any subsequent official warning with that vehicle will cause that driver to be disqualified from any further runs with that vehicle for the remainder of the event, and may cause his / her disqualification from the entire event.

E. A flagrant run speed limit violation, as determined by the event director, may cause immediate event disqualification of the driver.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:48 AM   #12

I would be down for this. I dont think my car will do over 155. Is there anything I need for a car that isn't that fast? ie. roll cage, helmet, safety harness? my car is an S2000 mostly stock.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:24 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo Jon View Post
You’d be running the Caddy, right? You’ll be limited to a top speed dependent upon your tires, safety equipment installed and experience level. You won’t need a roll bar to do the basic run of 150 Mph.
Well thats not true the A1 class (no roll bar and up to one power adder) has a top tech speed rating of 170
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 02-19-2011, 11:28 AM   #14

Hmm. I may go. I don't think I will go over 170. I did hit the speed limiter (160mph) with the stock PCM once in Mexico and my tuned ECU has the limiter removed.

Bob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z

Old 02-19-2011, 01:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedhead View Post
Hmm. I may go. I don't think I will go over 170. I did hit the speed limiter (160mph) with the stock PCM once in Mexico and my tuned ECU has the limiter removed.

Bob
I know our cars should be able to go faster then 170 its just can they do it in a mile.

Ive been up to red line in 5th it was about 162. Everything moves so fast at the speed.
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 02-19-2011, 07:30 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by don2000 View Post
I would be down for this. I dont think my car will do over 155. Is there anything I need for a car that isn't that fast? ie. roll cage, helmet, safety harness? my car is an S2000 mostly stock.
Helmet. Yes. Everyone.

For cars: SA2005 is the minimum Snell rating. Just regular motorcycle helmets won’t cut it if you’re running a car. I think it has some thing to do with fire ratings.

For motorcycles: M2005 is the minimum Snell rating.

6.1 General Rules – Automobile Division

[ ]

G. Convertibles: We define the term “convertible“ to refer to any car with a removable or retractable soft top, a removable or retractable hardtop, or no top at all. “Targa or “T-Top” car types are generally not considered convertibles. In order to enter this event, convertibles, and other cars without a metal roof structure, are required to have some kind of additional roll over protection behind the driver; either an OEM fixed roll bar, an OEM pop-up roll bar, or an added-on on Appendix B roll bar or Appendix C roll cage. Cars in the SSE class must remain exactly as originally manufactured. (MKM is aware that this rule means that some convertibles will not be allowed to run.)

H. Convertibles must run with the top up if possible. Sun roofs and moon roofs must be closed. T-tops and Targa roof panels must be in place. All cars must run with the windows up if possible. If no side window is present, a window net or arm restraints must be used. Use of both is recommended.

[ ]
Old 02-19-2011, 07:38 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
Well thats not true the A1 class (no roll bar and up to one power adder) has a top tech speed rating of 170
Where are you seeing that? I may have missed it.

There’s a section in the rule book that talks about “power adders” ie: blowers, supercharges, (same thing basically), turbo charging, nitrous etc. Having this stuff doesn’t mean that they’re going to let you go faster; it just means that you physically can. Almost everything determining your speed class is dependent upon the level of safety equipment you have and your tires.

(From the Rule Book)
Competitor Qualifications & Licensing:

Each competitor must have sufficient experience (or sufficient equivalent qualifications) to be allowed to run above certain speed thresholds. We have four graduated experience / licensing levels as follows:

Basic – (color code: Red) The minimum qualification for a Basic license is a valid and current US state, Canadian provincial, military or other approved drivers license as stated previously. Basic license holders are limited to 150 MPH.

Sportsman – (color code: Yellow) The minimum qualification for a sportsman license is a Basic license or equivalent, plus either sufficient acceptable prior experience, or successful completion of one run with a trap speed between 140 and 160 MPH. Sportsman license holders are limited to 190 MPH.

Pro – (color code: Green) The minimum qualification for a Pro license is a Sportsman license or equivalent , plus either sufficient acceptable prior experience, or successful completion of one run with a speed trap between 180 and 200 MPH. Pro license holders are limited to 220 MPH.

Unlimited – (color code: Blue) Our top level license... [ ]
Blah, blah, words, words, words... C’mon. Does anyone here have a vehicle that goes that fast?
Old 02-19-2011, 10:16 PM   #18

Default Damn rules, sounds like the tax laws.

I guess they do pull you back by a rope, lots-o-rules. Now I'm not sure where I sit as far as the speed I can run, I don't have a pro-tag-driving-card (I'm sure my C-A or C won't cut it), no roll bar, don't think my hard hat or my WWII Army helmet will pass for a race helmet & my speedo only goes to 160, did that already (private road out of state).

So,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redondo Jon View Post
Nothing but the weight of your right foot and your desire to remain at the event and do well.

(From the Rule Book)
2.3 Speed Violations-Breakout Rule

A. Run speed limits in this event all allow a 5 MPH “tolerance” or “pad” without penalty. Runs that are over the limit by 5 MPH or less are not considered “breakouts” and will still count.

B. Exceeding the run speed limit on a given run by more than 5 MPH will cause that run to be discarded. The speed will not be scored or listed in the results, and no official speed slip, speed certificate, or other documentation will be issued. Exception: runs that are over the run speed limit by not more than 10 MPH will still count for license upgrade purposes.

C. Exceeding the run speed limit on a given run by more that 10 MPH will incur the penalties in the previous paragraph, and also cause an official warning to be issued.

D. If a driver has already received two official warnings at one event with the same vehicle, any subsequent official warning with that vehicle will cause that driver to be disqualified from any further runs with that vehicle for the remainder of the event, and may cause his / her disqualification from the entire event.

E. A flagrant run speed limit violation, as determined by the event director, may cause immediate event disqualification of the driver.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:22 PM   #19

Its on the tech section

Auto 1 Class*‐*Required Safety Equipment

100% non‐synthetic (cotton, wool, leather, etc.) clothing/underwear/socks covering all exposed skin on arms,legs, torso

Leather topped shoes and leather gloves with no holes (no athletic shoes, golf gloves, etc.)

Open face or full‐face helmet meeting Snell SA2005 or other approved minimum standards in rule book
****‐*Alternatively, a motorcycle helmet meeting our bike standards, but only if a Nomex head sock is
also worn

3‐point factory seat belts (lap belt only, is not acceptable)
****‐*4‐point 2‐inch "tuner belts" also allowed but must be installed correctly
****‐*This is the highest class in which 4‐point "tuner belts" can be used (not allowed in SSE)

A 2.5 lb BC fire extinguisher, installed within easy reach of the driver, in a metal bracket

If Nitrous is used, you must use the Helmet, Helmet support, driving suit, gloves, socks, and shoes

http://www.mojavemile.com/Tech_Package_MMS3_2011.pdf
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 02-21-2011, 04:20 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
Okay I read the section and it doesn’t say anything about having a “power adder” and therefore you’re allowed to go 170 MPH, so I stand by my original statement. That said, maybe I’m misinterpreting yours. At any rate I don’t want to have a peeing contest about who’s correct. If I thought you were a douche-bag I might press the issue, but you’re not so...