Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-09-2010, 07:25 PM   #121
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

I want to first thank everyone for showing up - I think we had about 75 cars at Savi which was awesome!

Now I want to apologize - sorry for all the problems today. That accident that closed the 91-15 interchange really fouled things up. I never expected that to happen and unfortunately their really isn't a good alternative route. I know it kind of splintered everyone up and it really slowed us down. I had really worked to have things run smoothly and I feel really bad that it didn't happen.

Ultimately we still had a really large group make it to the end, so thanks for sticking it out with us. We should have video and pictures up soon.

Sorry again, but thanks for coming everyone!
Old 01-09-2010, 08:43 PM   #122

Sean: No need to apologize. I think it went quite well. Shit happens. Started out slow on the 91 , but cleared up down the 15 and the canyon run is always fun! Sorry I didn't make it back to the restaurant. I cut back home after I passed through Corona Del Mar. Look forward to the next one. Good to see some of you guys again. It's been a while.

Rick
Old 01-09-2010, 08:54 PM   #123
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnielsen View Post
Sean: No need to apologize. I think it went quite well. Shit happens. Started out slow on the 91 , but cleared up down the 15 and the canyon run is always fun! Sorry I didn't make it back to the restaurant. I cut back home after I passed through Corona Del Mar. Look forward to the next one. Good to see some of you guys again. It's been a while.

Rick
Thanks! I want to see your new car up close. Give me details. I know it's a Saleen, but which version?
Old 01-09-2010, 09:05 PM   #124

It's a 2007 Saleen Extreme #42. 550HP, 525 TQ. fully forged engine yada yada. here's a link that details everything that the car was built with.

http://www.soec.org/datasheets/musta...e_brochure.pdf

I've had some very nice cars in my life, but this one is very well engineered, handles and brakes very well and fast. I think I'll keep this one for a while.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:12 PM   #125
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnielsen View Post
It's a 2007 Saleen Extreme #42. 550HP, 525 TQ. fully forged engine yada yada. here's a link that details everything that the car was built with.

http://www.soec.org/datasheets/musta...e_brochure.pdf

I've had some very nice cars in my life, but this one is very well engineered, handles and brakes very well and fast. I think I'll keep this one for a while.
Wow, awesome car! And of course, Mustangs look best in white
Old 01-09-2010, 09:13 PM   #126
Resident Avatar Gambler

Here and here are some pictures courtesy of King Fish on the NASIOC!
Old 01-09-2010, 09:16 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Wow, awesome car! And of course, Mustangs look best in white
couldn't agree more... don't see many white mustangs, cobras or saleens.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:18 PM   #128

We had a great time today. Thanks Sean for all the hard work. I had to work till 2 so met up in Capo Beach. It isn't a motorgen cruise without a little confusion Cody was so excited to bring his Cutlass, and thanks to all of you for making a 17 year old with his first car , feel so welcome
Old 01-09-2010, 09:20 PM   #129
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
We had a great time today. Thanks Sean for all the hard work. I had to work till 2 so met up in Capo Beach. It isn't a motorgen cruise without a little confusion Cody was so excited to bring his Cutlass, and thanks to all of you for making a 17 year old with his first car , feel so welcome
It's exciting! Tell him to get his butt on here and post pics. I forgot to ask him, what does it have under the hood?
Old 01-09-2010, 09:36 PM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
It's exciting! Tell him to get his butt on here and post pics. I forgot to ask him, what does it have under the hood?
His neighbor bought it new and she passed away a few months ago. Total little old lady from Fullerton find Olds 350...Stock motor, he did do some mufflers so it sounds deeper, and swapped the tin hubcaps and wheels for some Pontiac rally wheels. Spent a lot of time talking to Glenn about motor options.