Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-20-2008, 08:52 PM   #1

Default 4x4ing today..

all that talk on that other thread made me want to get out and get dirty a little.. it was a nice day, only about 15 trucks out there and about 15 4-wheelers..

me playing.

i would LOVE to get my X to look like this one.

the owner took me for ride in his BEAST.. this H1 was amazing, it didn't even feel like you were even 4x4ing inside..

i was like Ooo shit..

Old 09-20-2008, 09:28 PM   #2
Fast & Filthy

Looks like you had a fun day. I worked on my Explorer today trying to finish it so I can take it on the run in November. I finished the shock tabs on the passenger side and welded them on and I'm about 1/3 done tussing the axle. All I have left is to finish tussing the axle, have the front drive shaft made, measure the travel so I can get some shocks and then re-gear the front and rear axles to 4.56's.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:54 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

I got wood for November . . . metaphorically speaking.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-20-2008, 10:28 PM   #4
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I got wood for November . . . metaphorically speaking.
What year is your jeep and what do you have done to it?
Old 09-20-2008, 10:35 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
What year is your jeep and what do you have done to it?
91' 2.5L base wrangler. Bigger tires 31 x 10.5 BF Goodrich AT tires. That's it.

Seriously, with stock lil' tires I took it up trails that made the pics so far look like Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. I grew up in Norco at the base of the hills (when there wasn't anything up there) and spent MANY hours on back trails and going up rock faces I had no business on, but the Jeepster would do it. I'm probably not nearly as ballsy (read: stupic) as I was then, so as long as there are moderate variants it should be no problem whatsoever. My biggest concern is that the clutch chatters a bit when it gets hot. . .

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-20-2008, 10:47 PM   #6
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
91' 2.5L base wrangler. Bigger tires 31 x 10.5 BF Goodrich AT tires. That's it.

Seriously, with stock lil' tires I took it up trails that made the pics so far look like Mr. Rogers Neighborhood. I grew up in Norco at the base of the hills (when there wasn't anything up there) and spent MANY hours on back trails and going up rock faces I had no business on, but the Jeepster would do it. I'm probably not nearly as ballsy (read: stupic) as I was then, so as long as there are moderate variants it should be no problem whatsoever. My biggest concern is that the clutch chatters a bit when it gets hot. . .
I'm the same way. I've been wheelin since I was 16. In my Explorer which use to only have a torsion bar twist (2" lift) and 31's I've done every trail in Big Bear, taken it to TDS, done Millers Jeep Slide in Gorman and many others and I've only been pulled twice. Both of those were on Dish Pan in Big Bear. The third time we did that trail I made it through without getting pulled.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:04 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I'm the same way. I've been wheelin since I was 16. In my Explorer which use to only have a torsion bar twist (2" lift) and 31's I've done every trail in Big Bear, taken it to TDS, done Millers Jeep Slide in Gorman and many others and I've only been pulled twice. Both of those were on Dish Pan in Big Bear. The third time we did that trail I made it through without getting pulled.
I've never been pulled, but I've had to dig myself out three or four times because I was by myself. The toughest was once about 16/17 trying to meet some friends on a trail in Big Bear late at night . . in December I literally went off the trail down the side of the mountain and into the wilderness. (It was really unclear what the trail was and was not . . . until it was too late.) After sleeping in the snow to the howls of owls and dogs I spent a couple hours digging and prying to get myself out. Never met anybody on that one. In a masochistic sort of way, it was a lot of fun. I was prepared with cold weather clothing, fire making capability, sleeping bag and a little food and water so it wasn't too bad really. But it sure is real easy to get really alone out there.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-20-2008, 11:09 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Actually, does anybody coming have a winch? It's faster than digging.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-20-2008, 11:12 PM   #9
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Jeff has a winch for sure. This is going to be awesome. I've never been offroading before, I'm really looking forward to it
Old 09-20-2008, 11:16 PM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Jeff has a winch for sure. This is going to be awesome. I've never been offroading before, I'm really looking forward to it
Great. As you know, I didn't care much about or get into cars until I was about 30. The exception was my Jeep and 4x4ing from about 16 - 19. It is a lot of fun and I'm excited to relive some of my youth.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)