Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-15-2013, 06:33 PM   #1
pain's fun, hit me again

Default Aero

He (Ron / 95 Cobra Mustang) has a similar drive ration and drag coefficient as a C5 vette and many people report 30+ mpg with them.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!

Last edited by enkeivette : 07-26-2013 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Moved thread, described pronoun ( . )( . )
Old 07-15-2013, 07:09 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
He has a similar drive ration and drag coefficient as a C5 vette and many people report 30+ mpg with them.
If you think a 0.29 vs. 0.37 is similar I'm not sure what to say. The Vette is objectively superior in every category. This is not an argument. It's a measurement.

Also, I don't put much weight in self reports.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Old 07-16-2013, 12:29 AM   #4
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
If you think a 0.29 vs. 0.37 is similar I'm not sure what to say. The Vette is objectively superior in every category. This is not an argument. It's a measurement.

Also, I don't put much weight in self reports.
Sure when you use the wrong numbers its not close. But when you compared the .29(.31 FRC) To the actual .32 It's pretty close.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 07-16-2013, 01:39 AM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Sure when you use the wrong numbers its not close. But when you compared the .29(.31 FRC) To the actual .32 It's pretty close.
Source for .32?

Here's mine for .37
http://ecomodder.com/wiki/index.php/...t_of_Drag_List

Here's another
http://www.mre-books.com/sa106/hipomustang10.html

Quote:
The
aerodynamic drag of a car is expressed as a coefficient of drag or Cd figure. The Mustang has a
Cd of .36. By way of comparison, a C5 Corvette has a Cd of .29 . . .

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-16-2013, 10:06 AM   #6
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Yeah, they're idiots. They're classifying SN95's and New edges as the same CD. Not the case, I'll grab the links from YB and the corral later. .37 Is accurate for the 99-04 mustang, not the 94-98 mustangs.

Stopping the world!
Old 07-16-2013, 11:10 PM   #7
Super Moderator

I wonder how much dropping the C3 4.5" helped my drag.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:25 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I wonder how much dropping the C3 4.5" helped my drag.

But the C3 is pretty bad overall for aero except for some moderate rear down force with the rear spoiler.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Quote:

But the C3 is pretty bad overall for aero except for some moderate rear down force with the rear spoiler.
Front windshield isnt the best, but I attribute the rest to the gasser like suspension and 27" suv tires. Cut lowering springs plus smaller diameter tires brought the front end A LOT closer to the ground. 24.5" fender height vs 29" stock.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:42 PM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Front windshield isnt the best, but I attribute the rest to the gasser like suspension and 27" suv tires. Cut lowering springs plus smaller diameter tires brought the front end A LOT closer to the ground. 24.5" fender height vs 29" stock.
The the gigantic front hood and bulbous flares . . . and pop-up headlights don't help.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)