Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #1

Default Driver's ed notes from 1969 say things have really changed

Filed under: Classics, Etc., Safety

What do you remember from driver's training? In my case, I took private lessons from a geriatric instructor in Holland, Michigan, mostly because I had somehow missed the signup for the class offered by my high school. I spent two weeks going after school, watched some instructional videos, drove around in a car that had a brake pedal on the right side for the teacher (he didn't use the brake for me, but he did jerk the steering wheel out of my hand on a few occasions), and then took a take-home final exam. I had a written test at the Michigan Secretary of State office, but no driving test, and then I had a learner's permit for a few months before I got my real license. Chicken soup.
I can tell she learned a heck of a lot more than I did during driver's ed, just from reading her notes.
Things weren't quite so simple for Paula Thiewes, when she took her driver's education course in 1969. Even though I wasn't leaning over her shoulder in the classroom at the time, I can tell that Paula learned a heck of a lot more than I did during driver's ed, just from reading her notes.

Paula recently found her old class notes when sorting through a box of high school memorabilia. "Driving was a big deal" for Paula, who felt sentimental enough about her time learning to drive that she held on to her meticulously prepared papers from the class. She recently shared this time capsule of driving ephemera with her car-nut son Jake, who in turn scanned all 30 pages, and posted the gallery on Reddit where it is currently still in the process of blowing up.Continue reading Driver's ed notes from 1969 say things have really changed
Driver's ed notes from 1969 say things have really changed originally appeared on Autoblog on Thu, 21 Mar 2013 19:15:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...