Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #1

Default First Drive: 2014 Aston Martin Vanquish [w/video]

Filed under: Coupe, Performance, Aston Martin, First Drives
A Carbon-Fiber Successor To The Flagship DBS

A terrible wave of sadness engulfed me from the driver's seat of the Aston Martin as its speedometer needle crept towards 130 miles per hour. My anguish only grew as the upcoming corner filled the windscreen. As my right foot pressed firmly against the aluminum brake pedal, I began to feel pity for the affluent owners of the all-new 2014 Vanquish who will never have the opportunity to wring their very capable super GT sports cars on a racing circuit.

Exiting the turn, the 6.0-liter V12 roared to life and I snapped back to reality - any trace of mourning quickly disappeared.

It is not anyone's role to decide how an Aston owner treats his or her motorized piece of art. Whether the aluminum and carbon-fiber machines spend their useful life serving as transportation for British royalty, stuck in LA Basin traffic at the hands of well-heeled CEOs or as the latest getaway car in a Bond film, short of writing the big check our judgment ends at the daydream.

But fantasy is reality in the world of automotive journalism, and this is why I am at NOLA Motorsports Park outside New Orleans running a $300,000 vehicle at speed.Continue reading 2014 Aston Martin Vanquish [w/video]
2014 Aston Martin Vanquish [w/video] originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 11 Dec 2012 11:56:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...