Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-17-2008, 01:11 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Compacts

I'd never hot rod a Civic. FWD is all wrong for weight transfer in a drag race, there are torque steer problems and there's no serious way to road race a FWD car. But over the years I've gained more respect for those guys.

I wouldn't be afraid to drag race a Viper. But if some punk kid drove up with a Civic and some slicks, I wouldn't be taking any bets. Granted with an unlimited budget the Viper could always be faster than the Civic, but case in point, a lot of those compact guys are crazy.

What do you guys think? Return the Vette to stock, make it my daily driver and race out my Neon? It'll do tens, I've seen it before.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:40 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I'd never hot rod a Civic. FWD is all wrong for weight transfer in a drag race, there are torque steer problems and there's no serious way to road race a FWD car. But over the years I've gained more respect for those guys.

I wouldn't be afraid to drag race a Viper. But if some punk kid drove up with a Civic and some slicks, I wouldn't be taking any bets. Granted with an unlimited budget the Viper could always be faster than the Civic, but case in point, a lot of those compact guys are crazy.

What do you guys think? Return the Vette to stock, make it my daily driver and race out my Neon? It'll do tens, I've seen it before.
If you rice out your Neon, I'll take the gay jokes to a whole new level. (Not that there's anything wrong with hi-perf FWD compacts . . . or being gay for that matter. So you gotta do what's right for you big fella.)

If it were me and I was thinking of building the Camaro. I wouldn't spend any more time on the Vette and just build the Camaro. Once you have an idea of where you want to go in life, you should only spend your time going there. . . grasshopper.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-17-2008, 11:43 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
If you rice out your Neon, I'll take the gay jokes to a whole new level. (Not that there's anything wrong with hi-perf FWD compacts . . . or being gay for that matter. So you gotta do what's right for you big fella.)

If it were me and I was thinking of building the Camaro. I wouldn't spend any more time on the Vette and just build the Camaro. Once you have an idea of where you want to go in life, you should only spend your time going there. . . grasshopper.
Well I'll loose $5K selling the Vette with sh*tty paint. And it won't cost me nearly that much to paint it. So I will paint the car, other than that the only work I'd be doing to the Vette would be on the motor, which would transfer over to the Camaro.