Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-31-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
FWD = FAIL

Default fontana auto speedway closed

http://www.dragzine.com/news/fontana...noise-concerns

The people that live around there are finally making their move after all these years, bunch of bastards.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:32 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypal View Post
http://www.dragzine.com/news/fontana...noise-concerns

The people that live around there are finally making their move after all these years, bunch of bastards.
Total.Fucking.Bullshit.

It's mostly an industrial area and the track was there long before any residences I'm aware of. That equals go pound sand motherfucker. You DON'T get to move in and start pushing existing businesses around, unless you have a legitimate health complaint (like causing hearing loss or giving you cancer), neither of which some drag races are going to cause.

This may be a case for the IFJ to start suing some people.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-31-2011, 07:46 PM   #3
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Sigh.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:56 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Total.Fucking.Bullshit.

It's mostly an industrial area and the track was there long before any residences I'm aware of. That equals go pound sand motherfucker. You DON'T get to move in and start pushing existing businesses around, unless you have a legitimate health complaint (like causing hearing loss or giving you cancer), neither of which some drag races are going to cause.

This may be a case for the IFJ to start suing some people.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Sad part is, it happens all the time and there is nothing the business can do about it. I work for an oil company that has been here way before houses started popping up and we have to kiss their asses all the time just so they don't complain to the wrong people.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 05-31-2011, 08:03 PM   #5

The railroad tracks go by my house, if I complain enough, will they not go by anymore? Amtrak too??

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 05-31-2011, 09:02 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

I was also wondering if the IE could do much more to flush itself down the economic toilet. Never underestimate peoples' capacity for unwitting self-destruction.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-31-2011, 09:14 PM   #7
Super Moderator

They must not have had very good representation. They should lawyer up and appeal. There was a case involving a steel company operating a car compactor. The compactor was on the other side of residential homes, and was noisy.

Steel company won. Court found that compactor had operated for many years, and it was no new news to the residents. And it would cause the steel company great harm to have to move at that point.

The speedway is well established and has been, and other than noise (which is nothing new to the residents given the history of the track) it is not a burden. However, forcing them to close shop would be a great burden on them.

Appeal Speedway! You have a good case.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:14 PM   #8

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRR
Old 05-31-2011, 10:16 PM   #9

Other than a couple of homes surrounded by what look like junk yards the nearest tract of homes are 1800 ft east of the sand trap. And they sure do not cause more of a issue than the trains rumbling thru.

But funtucky doesn't care about street legal racers. I would not be surprised if the track didn't instigate this themselves to rid them of us.

I could never track it down, but I think the track got money from the State to get racers off the street. They never had more than 8-9 days of racing a year where vegas has street legal racing 2 or 3 nights a week. With the budget cuts at the State the backdoor funding was probably cut so no govt money, drop the program.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:33 PM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by injdinjn View Post
Other than a couple of homes surrounded by what look like junk yards the nearest tract of homes are 1800 ft east of the sand trap. And they sure do not cause more of a issue than the trains rumbling thru.

But funtucky doesn't care about street legal racers. I would not be surprised if the track didn't instigate this themselves to rid them of us.

I could never track it down, but I think the track got money from the State to get racers off the street. They never had more than 8-9 days of racing a year where vegas has street legal racing 2 or 3 nights a week. With the budget cuts at the State the backdoor funding was probably cut so no govt money, drop the program.
That's an interesting theory and wouldn't totally surprise me.

I've NEVER understood the operations of the strip. I'm sure with a little time and marketing Fontana could pack them in under the lights virtually every Friday night even in this shit econmy. Throw in a couple decent concession stands that don't totally suck paying a cut, and while nobody' is going to get rich, it'd be decent small business for someone on that account alone.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)