Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-05-2009, 03:56 PM   #301
Super Moderator

Ben, I'll be around this weedkend if you want to do some glassin. If you want to get it prepared, take some 2x4s and stand them up near the rear bumper to get an idea of how much to foam it. Then foam it so it'll be ready for us to shape.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:25 PM   #302
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Ben, I'll be around this weedkend if you want to do some glassin. If you want to get it prepared, take some 2x4s and stand them up near the rear bumper to get an idea of how much to foam it. Then foam it so it'll be ready for us to shape.
We're deep into it homeslice. I'll take a picture later tonight, but this weekend is a bit shot for me.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-05-2009, 08:36 PM   #303
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
We're deep into it homeslice. I'll take a picture later tonight, but this weekend is a bit shot for me.
Things gonna be painted before I know it! I'm in NY next week, then after that I'll be free as a bee if you need mee. Don't forget, I know how to do mechanical shtuff too.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:49 PM   #304
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Things gonna be painted before I know it! I'm in NY next week, then after that I'll be free as a bee if you need mee. Don't forget, I know how to do mechanical shtuff too.
There will be plenty to do. Looking forward to your return

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-07-2009, 12:43 PM   #305
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
There will be plenty to do. Looking forward to your return
Is that red white and blue respirator still over there? Be nice with it, I need to plastic weld that strap and return it to Eric's dad.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:19 PM   #306
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Is that red white and blue respirator still over there? Be nice with it, I need to plastic weld that strap and return it to Eric's dad.
Yes.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-07-2009, 11:15 PM   #307
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

After Angeles Crest I'll be ready to dive back in too. I miss working on it.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:42 PM   #308
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
After Angeles Crest I'll be ready to dive back in too. I miss working on it.
Good to hear. I've tried to kick the ball down the field as best I can on various parts while keeping some good old fashioned knuckle-dragger work ready for a group day.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-08-2009, 01:14 AM   #309
I, Vettezuki

Just a few pics of the front and rear bumper fab status. These are still just the bucks (patterns) in a fairly rough status. The molds will be cast from these and finally the parts from the molds.

Front Bumper:

Rear bumper: You can see the basic shape and the space made for the diffuser. Yes. We're going to have a slick under carriage diffuser.

The spare tire well will be cut out and a piece of square tubing welded in to replace what was the rear bumper structural member.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-08-2009, 02:30 PM   #310
Super Moderator

You guys rock!

Not sure if you guys have an action plan for the flanges. I was going to cut a groove around the foam, and dip the edge of the glass into the groove, pop it off, then lay pieces from the back side and use pieces of wood to get the right angle.

So are you guys going to run that wooden plastic glass bundle as the front bumper or just use it as a mold?