Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-07-2010, 05:27 PM   #31
Internet Tough Guy

I got a parking ticket for not turning my wheel towards the curb on an incline. The problem was that it was such a slight incline that I would never have thought to do it. It's total fucking extortion bullshit.

I will say I don't think that they get 90% pension for life. That is very high.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 07-07-2010, 05:54 PM   #32
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
. . . I will say I don't think that they get 90% pension for life. That is very high.
I regret to inform:

3% per year for up to 30 years = 90% of pay at retirement.

That's for life, transferable to spouse after death. Go ahead and plug those numbers in. Enter the force at 20, retire at 50, how long do you think that pension will be drawn?

But wait, there's more. They somehow manage to rather often get promoted into higher paying positions right near the end. But hold on, get a little injury, like a slipped disc, and poof you get that pension . . . tax free. I can go on with how it can get even more grotesque, but I think you get the picture.

Public Servant = Served by the Public

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-07-2010, 09:35 PM   #33

I just looked on google earth and in the SB lanes about 400ft north of the bridge is a 35mph sign on a light pole.
I'm sure thats a big money spot for the a$$holes with guns.

Looks like you just contributed to the BPk treasury.

My old inet signature

My grandfather would hide and take money from people traveling along the highway - he got 20 years.
Old 07-07-2010, 10:15 PM   #34
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by injdinjn View Post
I just looked on google earth and in the SB lanes about 400ft north of the bridge is a 35mph sign on a light pole.
I'm sure thats a big money spot for the a$ with guns.
I don't know if it meets the "legal"definition but it sure is hell is a speed trap.

Quote:
Looks like you just contributed to the BPk treasury.
Not without a fight. I'm anxiously awaiting Damian's result as it looks like he was a victim in the same area.

Quote:
My grandfather would hide and take money from people traveling along the highway - he got 20 years.
Don't get me started on the true nature of government.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-07-2010, 11:06 PM   #35
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I regret to inform:

3% per year for up to 30 years = 90% of pay at retirement.

That's for life, transferable to spouse after death. Go ahead and plug those numbers in. Enter the force at 20, retire at 50, how long do you think that pension will be drawn?

But wait, there's more. They somehow manage to rather often get promoted into higher paying positions right near the end. But hold on, get a little injury, like a slipped disc, and poof you get that pension . . . tax free. I can go on with how it can get even more grotesque, but I think you get the picture.

Public Servant = Served by the Public
If my brother would have staying in CA he would have been able to retire at 51. He always told me that on the average a cop lives 5 years past retirement. I would be curious as to what the average age of retirement for a cop was.

On another note. My co-workers boyfriend's dad was a highly decorated CHP for like 30 years and within a week of retiring he was approached by the Marshals and now pulls down like $75K a year on top of his pension!

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 07-07-2010, 11:19 PM   #36

My ex-father-in-law, some of you met him on the Planes of Fame trip, Retired from LAPD a Sargent. His Favorite saying is "just send the check" He is 83 now , still packing heat and using his Shield to get out of speeding tickets ! Talk about awesome bennies

Of course, the biggest battle with the ex-wife was her wanting me to ditch my " Blue collar ' career and be a cop.
Old 07-08-2010, 12:01 AM   #37
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
He always told me that on the average a cop lives 5 years past retirement. I would be curious as to what the average age of retirement for a cop was.
Total BS. Though I don't recall the exact number, in CA it's the same as regular people. Also, it's not nearly as dangerous as they'd like to make you believe sometimes, I don't think it even ranks in the top 10 dangerous jobs. Things like being a commercial fisherman are WAY more dangerous.

Quote:
On another note. My co-workers boyfriend's dad was a highly decorated CHP for like 30 years and within a week of retiring he was approached by the Marshals and now pulls down like $75K a year on top of his pension!
That was the other part I was avoiding for fear of aneurysm. It gets better, some guys will put 20 years in the military, 25 in as a PO, get two pensions, and get appointed to some "committee" etc., and literally be pulling in 100s of thousands per year. Meanwhile, Rome burns.

Don't get me wrong. I'm an absolute red blooded capitalist. I have no problem with people making good (market dictated) salaries. I have a problem with contractually guaranteed pensions balanced on the back of the tax payer. Make your wage, do what you will with it, like us peasants and save/invest your own money.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-08-2010, 12:07 AM   #38
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
. . . Of course, the biggest battle with the ex-wife was her wanting me to ditch my " Blue collar ' career and be a cop.
I don't really blame people for grabbing low hanging fruit (though I'd rather do essentially anything before working for government . . . I'm an extremist.) I think Bernard Parks, who gets a six figure salary for being on the city council, also gets like a $150k pension or something like that. When asked why he thought that was right he said, "because I could."

Quote:
e is 83 now , still packing heat
Oh, they also get special privileges there too. CCW is for the asking for them, if they even bother with that. Impossible for a regular citizen in LA.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #39
I, Vettezuki

I'm on about deptarment 73 within Cal Trans trying to get the speed survey.

In the meantime, I wished there could have been a sign like this in that area.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-23-2010, 12:47 AM   #40
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I'm on about deptarment 73 within Cal Trans trying to get the speed survey.

In the meantime, I wished there could have been a sign like this in that area.

Vettezuki does not quit. I finally got my speed survey today. Haven't looked through it but it is dated February 2003. Have to look up the required time period next.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)