Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-31-2008, 02:50 PM   #11
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
See Phase breakdown in Project Schedule to see if it makes sense to you guys. Ok, I'm going to clean up my patio now for this project.
Ben,

We may want to at least drop the motor and trans in there before we go to paint to see if we need to make room/modify anything. That way we can do the modification and not have to worry about messing up Adam's awesome paint job. Once we get a car I can photoshop some paint schemes.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 12-31-2008, 03:01 PM   #12
Power's off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
Ben,

We may want to at least drop the motor and trans in there before we go to paint to see if we need to make room/modify anything. That way we can do the modification and not have to worry about messing up Adam's awesome paint job. Once we get a car I can photoshop some paint schemes.
Paint should be last, unless you want to mock it up first, then disassemble for paint and re assemble.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:15 PM   #13
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
This new addition allows bolt-in installation of the lite-weight 5.0, requires NO crossmember modification, yet still fits under the hood !!!
Not likely with a blower! But hey, that's what a sawzall is for.

Quote:
We can run VERY sticky rubber at the track, and if we really want to optimize for straight line we can set up the suspension for it as well. How much we want to optimize for straightline performance, or whatever, is another question.

I'll think of some names after I've had a few later on tonight. Look out.
Ben, as far as traction goes I'm invisioning some huge 4" +? Type flares in the back. With some finesse and some art work it can be made to look nice... and mean. Is that something that you guys would want me to do? What are you thinking as far as tires go?

As far as the paint job, Ben, can your air system be set to run at around 35 psi? I'm looking into buying an HVLP gun just for this cause.

And let's give three cheers to Joedls for donating a wicked drivetrain!
Old 12-31-2008, 03:50 PM   #14
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 12-31-2008, 04:44 PM   #15
Power's off.

Quote:
Not likely with a blower! But hey, that's what a sawzall is for.
That's the spirit. Even if it's a coupe, a full cage then ,"voila", instant vert.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:54 PM   #16
I, Vettezuki

Quote:

Ben, as far as traction goes I'm invisioning some huge 4" +? Type flares in the back. With some finesse and some art work it can be made to look nice... and mean. Is that something that you guys would want me to do? What are you thinking as far as tires go?
Tires should be dictated by power and function. If we're thinking >=500WHP there isn't any reason to run anything wider than 10" slicks. At least as far as my primitive knowledge goes. But hells yeah, let's make it mean. The flares should just follow the function of the tires we end up with.

Quote:
As far as the paint job, Ben, can your air system be set to run at around 35 psi? I'm looking into buying an HVLP gun just for this cause.
I think the regulator will go that low and if not we can get one. I have a paint gun (my brother's) around here somewhere. But it ain't no fancy one.

Quote:
In deed.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-31-2008, 05:02 PM   #17
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by big2bird View Post
Paint should be last, unless you want to mock it up first, then disassemble for paint and re assemble.
I think a mock up before paint ain't a bad idea. It'd kinda suck to run into a whoops, that don't fit, after paint.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-31-2008, 05:37 PM   #18
Power's off.

Quote:
I think a mock up before paint ain't a bad idea. It'd kinda suck to run into a whoops, that don't fit, after paint.
Yep. You have plenty of HP. Draw it, mock it, fab it, disassemble,paint,assemble, finish work like wiring,gauges,etc.
Old 01-01-2009, 05:25 AM   #19
Progeny of the Great Apocolypse

Quote:
I think the regulator will go that low and if not we can get one. I have a paint gun (my brother's) around here somewhere. But it ain't no fancy one.
Your brother does indeed own a gun and it is a fancy one. It's modeled after a super mega expensive German made gun. It will do anything you wanna do. Your brother doesn't buy cheap tools. Also the air compressor your brother bought will definitely support 35 psi for extended use. It's been used to prime a roadrunner before.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:48 PM   #20
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Cult Aaronmageddon View Post
Your brother does indeed own a gun and it is a fancy one. It's modeled after a super mega expensive German made gun. It will do anything you wanna do. Your brother doesn't buy cheap tools. Also the air compressor your brother bought will definitely support 35 psi for extended use. It's been used to prime a roadrunner before.
Well heck then, game set match. I thought you once told me it was the older type of gun and not one of these new fangled low pressure types. But word.

Said brother also has a mig welder that I used to weld the trailing arms on the vette and a bracket for enkeivette. I also have his blasting cabinet for cleaning up stuff with an attachment for doing media blasting. In short between the stuff of his I have here and my own relatively well equipped tool set, we should be ready to rumble. And I'm very willing to add to my tools as necessarry, like maybe a cold cut saw, pipe bender, who kows.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)