Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 03-28-2015, 01:40 AM   #111
I, Vettezuki

Ok. When I got there we fired up and let it run for a few minutes while BSing. probably should have turned it off, ah well. HOpefully that didn't spoil the cake. Avoided extended spells at one RPM on the freeway coming home as best I could, with mild romping.

Runs great. Two things I noticed, one minor one enormous.

It makes quite a different engine sound, kind of noisier in a way, but not bad. Paul tells me that's because of the forged parts and it might have been built a little loose. It seems roughly the same, but a different character, once up to temp.

The HUGE difference is the clutch. It is way way way lighter clutch pedal feel than the McLeodd. Yet the clutch is clearly a beefier unit than the McLeodd was. I definitely prefer it overall. Though it is more like a switch, than a throw.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-28-2015, 05:31 AM   #112
pain's fun, hit me again

Going from a stock shortblock to an aftermarket one with forged internals sounded identical, even with the morel lifters. Get a long handle screw driver on their and listen for special noises just to be safe.

Usually the heavier duty clutches dont have much throw, just on, or off. I have a spec 3+ that I avoided using until its absolutely necessary for this reason.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 03-28-2015, 11:51 PM   #113
I, Vettezuki

Yeah. But your nearly deaf and my hearing is off the charts. It's simply different in nature, which makes sense if the materials that compose the internals are different, they will, by definition, resonate differently.

I didn't describe the clutch properly. It's like spring loaded or counterweighted or something, the pedal has a little resistance at first and this just goes. The clutch itself has a range of engagement, not grabby at all. Definitely prefer overall to the McLeodd. Also, as I guessed, it bogs way less coming off idle in first gear. I imagine that has to be because of the mass of the flywheel. Also less "jerky" in first gear. A MUCH friendlier car to drive in traffic now.

The computer has relearned its trims and I put in a new tank of gas. Goes like stink.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 03-29-2015, 12:17 AM   #114
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Yeah. But your nearly deaf and my hearing is off the charts.
Don't forget nose blind, partially color blind and devoid of most sensitivity. In the ring is where I really shine
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!