Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-24-2013, 07:36 PM   #11
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Diesels are awesome, Im sure your gas truck got 12 or 13. Ive heard guys who lift their Diesel Jeeps are doing as bad as 12-13 though, depending on how crazy the lifts get.
I know the new super dutys got around 20 average, what have you done to yours to get it so high up?

The tuner for mine is supposed to get it up 2-4 mpg and then removing the DPF does another 2-3 mpg. Ill bet I could hit 30 with all of that done and some conservative driving, maybe some SRT suspension too.
Uhm my old 89 F150 with the GT40 motor got like 8 haha

My truck now has what 99-03's had standard but about 1500lbs lighter. I have slightly smaller injectors and bellowed upipes and no fuel leaks. The truck hardly smokes at all anymore (disappointed cause diesel) because of the extra boost.

The dpf removal is HUGE, the 08 was getting like 10-11 highway. After the DPF removal, tune, exhaust blah blah. I was up to low 20's, pretty great.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 04-24-2013, 08:51 PM   #12
Super Moderator

That tuner is the first thing on my list, cant wait to ditch the DPF
Old 04-29-2013, 11:53 AM   #13
Super Moderator

6NW 009 228 Electronic Turbo Actuator

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367261039.239941.jpg

A few weeks ago I posted about my turbo making too much boost, causing premature rev limiting and ultimately limp mode/ ETC failure, the electronic actuator was sticking open. The lovely folks at Jeep and Mercedes do not sell a replacement turbo actuator, they sell it with the turbo... for $4,000, or $6,000 installed. Yeah. This is a very common failure for Diesel GCs.

Theres a company called BBA reman in Canada (avoid BBA reman USA, theyre idiots and cant help) and they rebuild these actuators for $250. Lifetime warranty.

So, a few weeks of downtime and $250 plus $50 shipping later and my Jeep is whistling again like it should.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367261515.888319.jpg

Black box to the left of the turbo. It took 3 bolts and a c-clip to remove this thing, and Chrysler / Mercedes wont sell it separately. Hmm, sounds scamarific to me.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #14
pain's fun, hit me again

I converted mine to a manual setup. Makes woooosh and smiles happen
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 04-29-2013, 12:32 PM   #15
Super Moderator

If I couldnt get this rebuilt I was going to try that, theres no fucking way I was about to let Jeep rape me for $4K. Id sooner pay a day laborer to sit in there and move the arm back and forth.

But a manual actuator would have wanted to sit sticking out of the hood the way the arm on the waste-gate sits. Would have been a pain in the ass to mount it. My motor doesnt sit ten inches below the hood like your superduty
Old 04-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #16
Super Moderator

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367361773.490941.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367361784.352920.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367361804.837085.jpg

Oil separator installed.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:08 AM   #17
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
If I couldnt get this rebuilt I was going to try that, theres no fucking way I was about to let Jeep rape me for $4K. Id sooner pay a day laborer to sit in there and move the arm back and forth.

But a manual actuator would have wanted to sit sticking out of the hood the way the arm on the waste-gate sits. Would have been a pain in the ass to mount it. My motor doesnt sit ten inches below the hood like your superduty
Mine doesn't either. And it's not a superduty, it's a heavy duty. Turbo is so large it touches the cowl and makes all sorts of racket.

Stopping the world!
Old 05-01-2013, 01:55 AM   #18
Super Moderator

I see. Nevertheless my waste-gate arm lifts up towards the hood, dont see how I could mount a manual actuator.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:05 AM   #19
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
I see. Nevertheless my waste-gate arm lifts up towards the hood, dont see how I could mount a manual actuator.
Could always close it off completely and put a BOV on it.

Stopping the world!
Old 05-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #20
Super Moderator

Hmm