Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #1

Default 8 second ride...

I've been riding my softail for about 6 yrs now and have logged pretty near 50,000 miles on it, so I don't consider myself a greenhorn. But I pulled a good one the other day that I just gotta share -if only so you all can have a good laugh at the new guy's expense.

Found a screaming deal on a panhead chopper that was everything I remember a scooter was supposed to be from when I was a little kid in the '70s. Long springer, no front brake, rigid frame, kick only, tall king and queen for haulin' hippy chicks, and nothing that isn't required to make it go or stop. Rode it home, and in that 8 miles or so I thought I was gonna die about 3 different times. Front end has about a foot of trail and the original brake pedal is about 8" up and back from the foot peg.

Went to work on the slope for 2 weeks and probably rode 800 miles in my imagination. Must've worked, cause I got home, hopped on, and took off. Got used to the low speed cornering, brake pedal, and lack of suspension real quick. I thought... I'm gettin long-winded so here's the story.

Was leaving the Brown Bear Saloon down in Indian after a burger and 1 (honest!) beer. The gravel parking lot has always been pretty pot-holed, but I just roll through nice and slow and it's no big deal right? So that's what I did with the pan. Just took off nice and slow right across lot. First pothole launched me clear outta the seat. Not just a little bounce either. I mean 10" of air under my ass. The only thing touchin the bike were my hands and that wasn't much help cause the right one went left and the left one went right and now it's all fixing to come down on the left side only I got my leg out in time to catch it just as I hit the next pothole and went back up for another lap. Was really wishing I could get it stopped, but my right foot was busy catching it as we tried to go down on that side! In desperation, I just threw it left, caught it, picked my right foot up until my knee touched my ear and sent it down towards that brake like it owed me money. That stopped all the drama about the time I was clear of it all anyway. Got 2 miles down the road and stopped to call Morgan (bartender), mercifully the only person in the place at the time to let her know I was fine and not at all as f@%!ed up as I looked. When she answered the phone, she was still laughing...

[/IMG]
Old 07-29-2011, 11:17 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

I'd pay money for the surveillance footage?

That's a bad ass bike. I'd still like an old basically stock pan head, or something hot rodded like this:

If I was going for style and emotion points, it'd still be that old bike I saw at a car show a couple years back.

On a side note, if it weren't for the cold that can kill you and months of near darkness, I think I might like Alaska. . .

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-30-2011, 12:42 AM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Mmmm. uhh, yesss..

[IMG][/IMG]

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-30-2011, 03:39 AM   #4
pain's fun, hit me again

You look like one of the dudes from myth busters, nice bike too.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 07-30-2011, 10:08 AM   #5

Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".