Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #1

Default Review: Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport [w/video]

Filed under: Convertible, Performance, Bugatti
Getting Intimate With The Supercar On A 479-Mile Road Trip

It's nearly impossible to secure seat time in a Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport. Not only are they hard to find (production volume in the low hundreds makes the supercar as rare as active members of the Right Said Fred fan club), but the $2 million sticker price dissuades most owners from handing over their sacred keys. When an opportunity to drive one of the world's fastest vehicles does present itself, it is most often a short jaunt on a restricted route, as each mile on the odometer is understandably very precious.

But some of us do win the lottery.

As luck would have it, Bugatti North America was entering a factory-supported vehicle in the Goldrush Rally. The cross-country jaunt would be following a discontinuous route from Beverly Hills to Miami and the automaker was looking for someone to drive the first long leg. With a solemn poker face hiding my giddiness, I accepted the invite.

One expects a supercar experience and the sensationalized bloody fast acceleration - the Veyron delivered both - but I didn't realize the Bugatti would reveal so much more about its true personality during my extended date.Continue reading Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport [w/video]
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport [w/video] originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 26 Oct 2012 11:57:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...