Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #1411
Super Moderator

Nice man! What have you done to the motor? You passed that other z06 easy enough.

Who's Johnny OConnell?

And do you still have your turbo Impala and your gixxer?
Old 05-02-2013, 09:26 PM   #1412
FWD = FAIL

Headers and a tune. I compete in the stock class for Corvette Challenge, I think I'm tied for 3rd right now.

I have the impala but its stock all but the stereo now, sold off everything else since someone stole my $2000 heads when they were getting ported(the guy doing the porting closed up shop). My gsxr was stolen from my buddies house in Chino Hills before we went for a ride.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:58 PM   #1413
Super Moderator

Did you file a police report? When did this happen? For outright theft you can sue the owner of the business, even if its dissolved.

Did insurance cover any of it? Your bike?
Old 05-03-2013, 12:40 AM   #1414
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Did you file a police report? When did this happen? For outright theft you can sue the owner of the business, even if its dissolved.

Statue of limitations?

BTW, I rode that bike once. When I heard it was stolen it made me a sad Panda.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-03-2013, 12:52 AM   #1415
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypal View Post
After some stuff is sorted to be a little more robust for this kind of pushing, I'd be curious as all hell to see what a pro could do in my C3. As it is I think I might be slightly more powerful and lighter than you now. But the suspension, especially the short rear TAs make the chassis do weird shit under heavy breaking.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-03-2013, 01:26 AM   #1416
Super Moderator

Get rid of your TAs if they bother you, do some forum searching on Vettemod and link your rear suspension like TT did.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:30 AM   #1417
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Statue of limitations?

I dunno, Id have to check, its prob 2 or 3 years. Trespass to chattle is an uncommon COA nowadays. And without some decent evidence to prove theft he would be more likely to recover under a negligence theory.

The police report just helps your credibility when evidence is otherwise lacking. And if you dont file it, of course the judge will ask, why not?
Old 05-03-2013, 01:42 AM   #1418
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Get rid of your TAs if they bother you, do some forum searching on Vettemod and link your rear suspension like TT did.
I have researched this. . . Some basics

TT's car is a concept as much as anything. It's nowhere near done.
TT's rear suspension is a FULLY ENGINEERED ONE OFF. . . with drawings and shit . . he will NOT give out.

I plan on Guldstrand if I do anything. The "cheap" way out is what I've done already, and that is to pretty stiffly spring it to prevent "dive" under hard braking. You want to do this anyway obviously, but the old TA is way more unpredictable.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-03-2013, 01:54 AM   #1419
FWD = FAIL

Quote:

Basically the short version of this story is the guy who stole my heads (Roy) was and still is a BAD ASS machinist that my friend and I along with many other people have used multiple times before. He fixed my block when a piston melted and went to go port my aftermarket heads. Got the block back (did a great job) and my friend got his built LS with ported 243 heads back. Cool my stuff was to be next...then my ferrea valves got "lost in shipping" he said then this that and the other thing happened and he turned off his phone. The guy Roy use to pick up everything from my friends house and then we would just pay him when he came back with paper work and cash. Come to find out he was ripping a few people off and his actual work was shut down for awhile and he was working at friends shops doing the work needed. Which was great work when you got it I guess, but we considered Roy a friend and well he screwed me over and I should have never gone with a "Friend".

The bike got paid off then I bought the Z a few months later and now we are here .
Old 05-03-2013, 01:55 AM   #1420
FWD = FAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Statue of limitations?

You and me both bro, I was messed up about it for awhile.