Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy
Default Who wants this employee?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30091127/
Old 04-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
Fast & Filthy

Accidents happen whether it's a Ferrari or a Focus. Her boss shouldn't be irrate as he is the one who handed her the keys. That just shows what type of person he is. The question here should be who would want this boss.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Accidents happen whether it's a Ferrari or a Focus. Her boss shouldn't be irrate as he is the one who handed her the keys. That just shows what type of person he is. The question here should be who would want this boss.

You're a nice guy. But according to the CHP, the accident was a function of speed, ergo, not an accident per se but a consequence of thought and choice. It was within her control. However, the boss is probably some greasy guy who let her "borrow" his Ferrari as a part in his strategy to get in her pants and maybe this is just a little Karma.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-07-2009, 02:07 PM   #4

I hope she's hot cuz she must have been worth 125K.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:27 PM   #5
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
You're a nice guy. But according to the CHP, the accident was a function of speed, ergo, not an accident per se but a consequence of thought and choice. It was within her control. However, the boss is probably some greasy guy who let her "borrow" his Ferrari as a part in his strategy to get in her pants and maybe this is just a little Karma.
It was still an accident. She didn't purposely crash the car. Doesn't matter if she was speeding or not she still accidently crashed. I've flipped a car that was not mine at 120mph when I was younger. I didn't purposely do it, it was an accident. If she had totaled the car doing the speed limit do you think her boss would have been less upset? I don't.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:51 PM   #6

Quote:
It was still an accident. She didn't purposely crash the car. Doesn't matter if she was speeding or not she still accidently crashed. I've flipped a car that was not mine at 120mph when I was younger. I didn't purposely do it, it was an accident. If she had totaled the car doing the speed limit do you think her boss would have been less upset? I don't.

Ok, but ask yourself this question.

Did you purposly go 120mph or did you just accidently just step on the gas and omg, I'm going 120?

Yes we know she didn't say "hey I'm going to go flip this car today b/c I want to" but you do have to put some blame on the fact that she did intend on going faster than she should have.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:17 PM   #7
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLxy View Post
Ok, but ask yourself this question.

Did you purposly go 120mph or did you just accidently just step on the gas and omg, I'm going 120?

Yes we know she didn't say "hey I'm going to go flip this car today b/c I want to" but you do have to put some blame on the fact that she did intend on going faster than she should have.
I purposely went 120 but accidently lost control through a corner. It was still an accident. Even if I meant to speed I didn't mean to crash. Now I'm not saying that she didn't do something wrong but would you really let someone drive your Ferrari and not expect them to push it a little. Would I loan someone my Cobra with expectation that they were only going to do the posted speed limit at all times? No. My brother is a perfect example. When he borrows my Cobra I know he is going to do something in it. Whether it be testing to see how fast it will go with the old T5, race a car on the freeway or take one of his employees slideways through an intersection. Would I be irrate if he were to crash doing so. No. I would be more concerned that he and anyone else involved was okay. It's just a car and can be replaced. That's why we have insurance.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:19 PM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
SCENARIO A:
You're stuck in traffic blocked in front and on both sides. Someone piles into you from behind. You had no chance of not being hit. This is reasonably beyond your control and the fault lies with the person who hit you. The boss has no grounds for being upset. I certainly wouldn't.

SCENARIO B:
Taking a ramp with excessive speed in a car that is not your property. It was your choice to speed. It was within your power to control the enviornment. The result was a consequence of your choice. Intent is irrelevant. The boss has grounds for being upset, though I would have questioned his motives for handing out the keys. I weep for neither of them.

Basically I think our society is way . . . way . . . way to loose with the term "accident" and it becomes and excuse for being a victim of the Universe. This doesn't mean she, or you when you were younger are bad people that should go away and die. Once when I was 17 I fell asleep while driving . . . on a Mexican desert Fwy. coming back from San Felipe. It wasn't an accident. I made the very poor choice of setting out to drive several hundred miles while being far too tired. Poorly reasoned choices lead to a higher probability of poor or non-desirable outcomes.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-07-2009, 04:34 PM   #9
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
SCENARIO A:
You're stuck in traffic blocked in front and on both sides. Someone piles into you from behind. You had no chance of not being hit. This is reasonably beyond your control and the fault lies with the person who hit you. The boss has no grounds for being upset. I certainly wouldn't.

SCENARIO B:
Taking a ramp with excessive speed in a car that is not your property. It was your choice to speed. It was within your power to control the enviornment. The result was a consequence of your choice. Intent is irrelevant. The boss has grounds for being upset, though I would have questioned his motives for handing out the keys. I weep for neither of them.

Basically I think our society is way . . . way . . . way to loose with the term "accident" and it becomes and excuse for being a victim of the Universe. This doesn't mean she, or you when you were younger are bad people that should go away and die. Once when I was 17 I fell asleep while driving . . . on a Mexican desert Fwy. coming back from San Felipe. It wasn't an accident. I made the very poor choice of setting out to drive several hundred miles while being far too tired. Poorly reasoned choices lead to a higher probability of poor or non-desirable outcomes.
I'm in no way saying that she/I were not at fault. But it was still an accident. Accident: NOUN: 1a. An unexpected and undesirable event. In my opinion even in the event of scenario A I still think he would have been irrate. I my industry I have met a lot of guys like this. Very rich driving Ferraris and Lambos. I know they would be irrate in either scenario. That's just the way they are, materialistic.
Old 04-07-2009, 04:37 PM   #10
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Accident: NOUN: 1a. An unexpected and undesirable event.
Accident: NOUN: 1c. An instance of involuntary urination or defecation in one's clothing. Which also may apply for her when she felt the car start to slide. So it is possible that the incident resulted in 2 accidents.