Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-17-2008, 12:34 PM   #31

Send a message via AIM to bgn8711

hey sister in law, it should run real hard but I don't forsee setting any land speed records with it as the rebuild has not been focused on performance parts. I just don't have the dough to build a bad ass bitchin motor that is going to go 11's or something like that as this has already had a large impact on the wallet just replacing parts. I should have a real solid 13 second car and more imporantly an excellent starting point to go much faster. Once I'm done paying off everything from this it will be new turbo time and than things should pick up considerably. I need to find work for the summer to keep me afloat so that is #2 goal after I finish my car and get it up and running. Wish me luck this weekend guys, Morgan I know life is hectic let me know if your interested in coming down either day..I'll call you too.

Brian
Old 04-17-2008, 06:08 PM   #32
A Motorgen O.G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgn8711 View Post
hey sister in law, it should run real hard but I don't forsee setting any land speed records with it as the rebuild has not been focused on performance parts. I just don't have the dough to build a bad ass bitchin motor that is going to go 11's or something like that as this has already had a large impact on the wallet just replacing parts. I should have a real solid 13 second car and more imporantly an excellent starting point to go much faster. Once I'm done paying off everything from this it will be new turbo time and than things should pick up considerably. I need to find work for the summer to keep me afloat so that is #2 goal after I finish my car and get it up and running. Wish me luck this weekend guys, Morgan I know life is hectic let me know if your interested in coming down either day..I'll call you too.

Brian
Effin' a, I need a summer job too. Let's find something together.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:13 PM   #33

That'd be titties dude, could we do what Mike used to do during the summer the day camp thing??
Old 04-18-2008, 05:22 PM   #34
A Motorgen O.G.

I kinda think that those interviews have already started or are done. If not, I'm sure you could get a job there no problem. Between my mom as a reference and your experience with kids you'd be a shoe in... I'll find out.

And go fill out an NBA bracket...
Old 04-21-2008, 10:17 AM   #35

Exclamation updates

...what a shitty weekend it has been. Well had the motor all ready to go back in went to switch the torque converter and...I'm fucked. output shaft of the transmission was almost completely worn..any further and the car won't go anywhere. It gets worse that input shaft goes pretty damn deep into the tranny so it doesn't make any sense to re-do that and not do the entire tranny. so $1,000 dollars later I will now have a freshened motor and trans...Pulled the trans saturday it is going to vegas next weekend should have it back together the weekend after that. No track for me next weekend...ugh atleast it is what I was planning on doing eventually anyway...
Old 04-21-2008, 10:52 AM   #36
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgn8711 View Post
...what a shitty weekend it has been. Well had the motor all ready to go back in went to switch the torque converter and...I'm fucked. output shaft of the transmission was almost completely worn..any further and the car won't go anywhere. It gets worse that input shaft goes pretty damn deep into the tranny so it doesn't make any sense to re-do that and not do the entire tranny. so $1,000 dollars later I will now have a freshened motor and trans...Pulled the trans saturday it is going to vegas next weekend should have it back together the weekend after that. No track for me next weekend...ugh atleast it is what I was planning on doing eventually anyway...
Did you check with Paul? He has 2 700R4s, one of which is practically brand new. Bet'cha he'd let one go for a good price.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-23-2008, 09:30 PM   #37
Super Moderator

Shift kit time.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:46 PM   #38

Send a message via AIM to SexyLxy

OMG, I thought the day would never come but the Buick was running and in our driveway tonight. Congrats Bri....What shall we name her now? A new baby has been born or did the old just get a face lift? Get some sleep dude. The project is over and done with.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:50 PM   #39
Super Moderator

That is until the computer gathers enough bad info from various sensors and starts throwing codes at you left and right. Ahahaha! Seriously though, if it throws a code, don't flip. It's normal to forget one vacuum line or not push in one electrical connector all the way.

Congrats on the rebuild! Can't wait to see the car run, still haven't seen it with the alc inj.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:02 PM   #40
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

I actually saw it running today - sounded good. He still has to tune, but it should be pretty awesome when done.