Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-15-2008, 11:29 PM   #1
FWD = FAIL

Default so yeah bought a new bike

As the title says I bought a new bike...07 with 0 miles now with about 150ish.
Got it for 11otd with taxes so on and so on. They wanted about 15-17 otd. Its factory Suzuki racing colors I haven't taken any pics yet been working alot and now am very sick, which sucks.

Anyways

07 gsxr 1000

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products...s/Default.aspx

I'm not a big fan of the brakes they are good but they feel different. Power is insane people have gotten these bikes high 8s low 9's in the 1/4 at 150+ STOCK. I love the options it has that aren't options just comes with it. Electronic steering dampener(steering stabilizer) 3 modes High(1000cc) medium (750cc) and low (600cc) mode. its about what they are equivant to. They just played with the mapping and lowered the power levels. They dyno stock about 150+rwhp on a bike that weights 469lbs wet(with all fluids) the most in its class but only by 5lbs. I'm still breaking in the motor need 500miles to ride it hard and 150 on the tires so I have the tires down so I can do a canyon run. But I need to be nice on the motor. Over all its a superbike I love it. But its not the best nor the fastest...but its perfect for me. The kawi is faster to 200 doesn't feel as safe but is a little faster. Gsxr is faster in the 1/4 mile and on the track. Road course track. Its not always about how much power you have its about how you feel on the bike and how it handles. Power is great though lol. So here are some pictures you'll have to do with till I get some day light to take some of mine so enjoy.

wait what?
Old 09-16-2008, 01:26 AM   #2
I, Vettezuki

The specs on these bikes really does make me wonder if we're not far from the end of performance expansion. Seriously, hi 8s low 9s stock, 100mph in 1st gear? Also, I go back to one of my ongoing open questions, should there be a performance license restrictions of cars and bikes that are so ridiculous? I hear a lot of stories about young men coming back from Iraq, having survived combat, thinking they're invisible, buying a bike like this with their saved up pay . . . then dying. Sorry for the buzz kill. It's badd ass and fine in the hands of someone who knows what it is.

I'm going to get that Bandit 1200s. THe MSF is booked up for a while; maybe I can get a little heypal parking lot coaching?? I also might need some one to ride it in from Tustin to Fullerton.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-16-2008, 10:22 AM   #3
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
The specs on these bikes really does make me wonder if we're not far from the end of performance expansion. Seriously, hi 8s low 9s stock, 100mph in 1st gear? Also, I go back to one of my ongoing open questions, should there be a performance license restrictions of cars and bikes that are so ridiculous? I hear a lot of stories about young men coming back from Iraq, having survived combat, thinking they're invisible, buying a bike like this with their saved up pay . . . then dying. Sorry for the buzz kill. It's badd ass and fine in the hands of someone who knows what it is.

I'm going to get that Bandit 1200s. THe MSF is booked up for a while; maybe I can get a little heypal parking lot coaching?? I also might need some one to ride it in from Tustin to Fullerton.
I agree on the bikes, the performance is amazing. Eventually it'll have to hit some kind of wall though, right
Old 09-16-2008, 02:55 PM   #4

nice choice man, from what I hear GSXR's are the way to go when it comes to buying a bike, I especially like that they have different power levels, its like buying 3 bikes in one

you have full leathers for it? i mean, i'm assuming u would if you plan on taking it to the track right?
Old 09-16-2008, 03:29 PM   #5
Neanderthal

Quote:

So............Bike over "character" then. Good.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 09-16-2008, 04:05 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
So............Bike over "character" then. Good.
I kinda look at it this way. It's literally going to cost less than half as much as some bicycles I was looking at recently. Of course, those bikes look like this:

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-16-2008, 04:53 PM   #7
FWD = FAIL

Quote:
I go back to one of my ongoing open questions, should there be a performance license restrictions of cars and bikes that are so ridiculous?
I can get a little heypal parking lot coaching?? I also might need some one to ride it in from Tustin to Fullerton.
First question I completely agree with you. Plus if people had say a performance liscense they might pay 10-20 bucks more when you renew your license or something and be able to drive withen their means. (ie go faster)

And if you need someone to ride it to your house I'll be more then happy to. I'll give you some feed back on it also and if you can find a place where you want to ride I'll check it out then I'll give you some pointers. One thing you'll learn is where you look the bike goes even if you don't mean to. Its a funny thing.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:58 PM   #8
Neanderthal

Quote:
I kinda look at it this way. It's literally going to cost less than half as much as some bicycles I was looking at recently. Of course, those bikes look like this:

Post a picture of the ride. I'll go look at the Pan again.........................oh well, maybe it'll get me going.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 09-16-2008, 05:12 PM   #9
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by heypal View Post
. . .
And if you need someone to ride it to your house I'll be more then happy to. I'll give you some feed back on it also and if you can find a place where you want to ride I'll check it out then I'll give you some pointers. One thing you'll learn is where you look the bike goes even if you don't mean to. Its a funny thing.
Word. I'll give you a heads up if that's what's needed.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-16-2008, 05:13 PM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Post a picture of the ride. I'll go look at the Pan again.........................oh well, maybe it'll get me going.

This isn't the exact one I'm getting, but it pretty much looks like this. I think he changed the exhaust and slip on and regeared it, knowing him, probably some other tweaks as well.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)