Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-16-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Roehr

This thing looks bad. Sort of an American Ducati I guess. Factory supercharged V-Twin, gotta love it. It makes the power of an I4 liter bike at half the RPM!

http://www.roehrmotorcycles.com/specs.html

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-16-2008, 06:01 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Now I know why they didn't have a price on their website. I found a reference, basically $50,000 MSRP. That's a strange no-man's land price for a motorcycle. Most of the Ducati's are considerably less, with only the Desmosedici costing more (I think). Also, while this is definitely super-cool, I'm not so sure it's 4x cooler than the Japanese liter bikes.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-16-2008, 11:56 PM   #3
FWD = FAIL

I have to say that's pretty damn cool. But expensive.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:16 AM   #4
Internet Tough Guy

Looks sick, but the Japanese bikes make just as much power cost less and weigh in significantly less.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:45 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Looks sick, but the Japanese bikes make just as much power cost less and weigh in significantly less.
This makes the same power at HALF the rpm and weighs about the same as a liter bike. Cost is from outer space. It's much more comparable to something like the Desmosedici which is even more expensive. But seriously, the liter bikes these days are getting close to being just wrong.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-23-2008, 10:38 AM   #6
Internet Tough Guy

The GSX-R 100 is listed at a dry weight of 379 lbms Thats alot less the 450lbm even it the 450 is considered fully loaded.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:42 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
The GSX-R 100 is listed at a dry weight of 379 lbms Thats alot less the 450lbm even it the 450 is considered fully loaded.
I think you were looking at the 600 class:

09' R1 Wet Weight 454 http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/pr...6/0/specs.aspx
09' GSX-R1000 Curb weight 448 lbs http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products...s/Default.aspx
Roehr Dry Weight 432 http://www.roehrmotorcycles.com/specs.html

I think that puts them all pretty darn close to one another.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-01-2008, 05:27 PM   #8
Internet Tough Guy

That's insane I would have never thought that a bike hd 60-70 lbs of fluids.