Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-11-2011, 04:55 PM   #71

Oh oh, so it's MY fault now is it...

I hope you all had fun on whatever route you did eventually end up on, there's plenty of fun roads up there between the valley and the sea, next time we'll get someone who can lead to take point too.

I swear that moron in the small white car had no idea what he was doing...

Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".
Old 09-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #72

I thought the small white car did well leading until impatience took over others
Old 09-11-2011, 05:26 PM   #73

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:59 PM   #74

Was about 20 minutes late and attempted to catch up with the group. In 3 hours of driving I never saw anyone else

Detoured from the route and had some fun on Corral Canyon Rd before doing Tuna Canyon. Parked next to the blue STI and charger at the mall and ate at Maggiano's (excellent by the way-they have a lunch deal where you order an entree and get to take a second one home for free.)

Can we please hit up Angeles Crest Highway next month before the winter hits it? That was probably the best/most organized cruise I've been on.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:12 PM   #75
Graphics B*tch

My dad and I actually made every correct turn. We had a great time and we did get video of Jay and his Bugatti. My dad got a little confused by the direction (the towards XX street totally screwed him up. I told him... Just look at the major turns in bold and ignore everything else. Had a blast. When we turned onto PCH a guy came next to me and said that a bunch of guys turned the other way (towards Neptunes). I hear that during the Stop with Jay and though that a bunch of people were doing it. It was just Jerry and his friends. Jerry... you jackhole (j/k)

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 09-11-2011, 08:18 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARP View Post

Can we please hit up Angeles Crest Highway next month before the winter hits it? That was probably the best/most organized cruise I've been on.
70 miles, no turn offs...

Two bulls are standing on top of a mountain. The younger one says to the older one: "Hey pop, what's say we run down there and fuck one of them cows". "No son" the older one says,"Lets walk down and fuck 'em all".
Old 09-11-2011, 08:43 PM   #77

What do you mean: no turn offs?
Old 09-11-2011, 09:33 PM   #78

yeah Angeles Crest has tons of them
Old 09-11-2011, 10:10 PM   #79

^ Getting people to use them... Different story.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:02 AM   #80

Got split up from the group almost immediately (my fault)--I didn't even take notes on the directions. So, instead of desperately trying to find the group a few of us just went "playing" on the various roads in the area. It's a veritable playground up there, and we ended up running into a few other Motorgeners along the way anyway.

Downside: We didn't get to stick together

Upside: By not sticking together, I was free to drive at my own pace instead of being part of a mobile traffic jam "pack"

I suggest we do the Malibu area again, but next time just split the group into smaller subgroups (8-10 cars) according to skill/speed/comfort level/etc. each led by someone who's generally familiar with the area (I can lead a group). That way we can have mini-groups that'll be running at comfortable paces for the group, not overwhelm stop areas, and can be "managed" easier. The cool thing about doing it this way is that we'll constantly be seeing other Motorgen sub-groups drive past throughout the drive. Lots more social that way. It also generally keeps the stop areas (such as the overlook) from getting overwhelmed...there's not enough parking there for everyone anyway. This method doesn't require run maps, only simple caravan techniques (to ensure you don't leave people behind). That way we could have large numbers of Motorgeners showing up for the event without (or minimizing) the downsides of having large numbers of Motorgeners causing traffic (or getting split up, etc).

This technique wouldn't work all that well for an Angeles Crest run, but for a playground of roads that the Malibu area offers it's a perfect approach.