Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 10-04-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Best Droid Phone?

I'mma fix'n to get a smart phone and have decided to get a Droid. But which one? I'm leaning towards the X because of the much larger expandable storage. The device will be doing multiple-duty, including MP3 player and doc reader.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

What carrier?

If you're talking Verizon, the Droid X is the best currently. The Incredible is great too if you don't mind the smaller screen. You might also check out the Samsung Captivate. It's a 4inch SUPER AMOLED screen (X is 4.3 and Incredible is 3.7) and it's beautiful. The GPU is also the best on the market and it has a very fast ARM A8 processor. If you want to wait a little longer and want a phone with a keyboard then this new HTC is pretty awesome.

A 1500(the new HTC phone) quadrant score(android benchmark) is smoking fast. My X with 2.2 is typically between 1400 and 1492. The Evo 4G/Incredible runs in the high 1200/low 1300 range for comparison.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:22 PM   #3
I, Vettezuki

I'm on AT&T which I've never personally had that much trouble with, but considering moving to Verizon at the same time, in part depending on how much terminating my ATT contract would cost.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-04-2010, 03:21 PM   #4
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I'm on AT&T which I've never personally had that much trouble with, but considering moving to Verizon at the same time, in part depending on how much terminating my ATT contract would cost.
If you're on AT&T buy an iPhone. AT&T gimps Android phones
Old 10-04-2010, 04:04 PM   #5
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

Switch to Verizon and get the Droid X it kicks ass everything that Sean said plus HD Video HDMI port on the phone its the way to go for sure.
Old 10-04-2010, 04:06 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Switch to Verizon and get the Droid X it kicks ass everything that Sean said plus HD Video HDMI port on the phone its the way to go for sure.
Noted.

Can I bring my number to Verizon. I've always hated cell phones, so I still don't know much about them.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 10-04-2010, 04:36 PM   #7
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

Yes you can bring your number.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:35 PM   #8

I would say get a ATT nexus one...It is the best phone i have ever had. It is uncrapified even compared to the Verizon android phone and you will get all of the updates first

but if you want to go to Verizon then get the droid 2. Its faster then the droid x and all of the droid phones can hold up to 32gb Micro SD cards
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 10-04-2010, 05:35 PM   #9

Oh by the way i have a first gen droid if you want it
1988 Trooper II SAS
1986 TrooperII (No Rear)
1988 Impulse (dead)
1983 K20
Old 10-04-2010, 07:35 PM   #10
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
I would say get a ATT nexus one...It is the best phone i have ever had. It is uncrapified even compared to the Verizon android phone and you will get all of the updates first

but if you want to go to Verizon then get the droid 2. Its faster then the droid x and all of the droid phones can hold up to 32gb Micro SD cards
The Droid 2 isn't faster - exact same GPU and CPU