Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-27-2015, 04:11 PM   #31
I, Vettezuki

Damian, thanks for the offer. I may take you up on for small stuff at some point, but my days of spending weekends on shit is over until retirement.

It's going to ls1z28 this Friday, who did most of the heavy work on the original conversion on Friday. If it's cam knock and it probably is, the block has to come out. I have pretty much everything on quick connects and the engine is free relatively free from obstructions, etc., so it is "relatively" easy compared to some cars, but still a lot of work. I figure between the initial cam knock, clutch and brakes issues I'm looking at a couple g parts and labor. I *might* pop in some new lifters while it's out since there is apparently something like 15HP sitting on the table there. I'm going to avoid "while I'm at it itis" though.

IF I could sell this in the 20 range and get a Z in the 30 range, it's pretty tempting (other than it's not so unique as what I have.) Turns out good condition TPs are really more like $60k+ for what I want, and while I could technically afford it, I don't want to direct that much cash towards a toy.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-27-2015, 04:17 PM   #32
I, Vettezuki

But a decent condition C6Z in the 30 range is probably still a bit of a Unicorn.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-27-2015, 05:42 PM   #33
pain's fun, hit me again

Not even, just a quick, local search.
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/4859495810.html
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/4801845560.html
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/4806540161.html
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4857433526.html
http://ventura.craigslist.org/ctd/4832999918.html
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...861860266.html

you get the Idea, I left out salvage title cars but mid to low 30 Z's exist and have for a while, I think they're going to go a tad lower, then hold out.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 01-27-2015, 05:55 PM   #34
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Wow! I didn't find much last time I looked. Want dark blue though.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-27-2015, 06:50 PM   #35
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Wow! I didn't find much last time I looked. Want dark blue though.
I want a white one, but it is VERY rare that I see white vettes at all, much less a Z
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 01-27-2015, 08:26 PM   #36
I, Vettezuki

Blue, White and Black or Silver would be my preferences for a Z. But not that Sky Blue, Dark Blue. Murdered out black is kind of cool, if cliche.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-27-2015, 08:31 PM   #37
pain's fun, hit me again

Who cares if its a cliché, still fuckin sexy.

Stopping the world!
Old 01-27-2015, 10:50 PM   #38
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
Who cares if its a cliché, still fuckin sexy.
I just don't want to be lumped in with the Hurley shirt wearing guys on their way from the tanning salon to the strip club if I can help it.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-28-2015, 02:25 AM   #39
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I just don't want to be lumped in with the Hurley shirt wearing guys on their way from the tanning salon to the strip club if I can help it.
Sounds like the life to me

Stopping the world!
Old 01-28-2015, 03:17 AM   #40
I, Vettezuki

It's the kind of thing you'd like if you like that kind of thing.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)