Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-11-2011, 04:33 PM   #21
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Yes he did. I think you guys are missing the point. It's like someone saying why would you spend $150,000 on a Ferrari when you can make a Vette do the same thing for less money.

Also, I've seen probably 10-15 of them running around so I think Ford hit their mark.
Fair enough. Ron, Adam, have at it.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-11-2011, 04:35 PM   #22
Super Moderator

I said factory lift option, much more than 6" of travel, and I also said platform to platform. You can buy a factory lifted F150 with a warranty that will out jump a Raptor. Adam is right.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:35 PM   #23
I, Vettezuki

Also, according to this source, sales are just peachy.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-11-2011, 04:40 PM   #24
Super Moderator

You didn't read my post carefully enough. I said that Wranglers are better for 4 wheeling (rock crawling) but Raptors are better for jumping (and woops)!
Old 01-11-2011, 06:25 PM   #25
pain's fun, hit me again

http://www.trucktrend.com/features/n...ass/index.html
Doesnt take the cake for anything?
3rd in the pro offroad truck class, off the lot save for required class modifications like lights, window nets, spare tire etc, no touches to the suspension or drivetrain, pretty fuckin impressive to me
Old 01-11-2011, 06:51 PM   #26
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin Crane View Post
http://www.trucktrend.com/features/n...ass/index.html
Doesnt take the cake for anything?
3rd in the pro offroad truck class, off the lot save for required class modifications like lights, window nets, spare tire etc, no touches to the suspension or drivetrain, pretty fuckin impressive to me
Yeah, that's impressive. Ok, I've changed my mind, let's pile on eneki!

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 01-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #27
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

25k for a brand new not loaded silverado or f150 25k in suspension and supercharger = better truck any day. Okay off the lot 50k it is a great truck and Tanner drove the shit out of it and it was pretty bad ass also that was the Hennessey version (Velociraptor). I will give it credit for off road off the lot but dollar for dollar it is not the best option.

2012 Sand Storm (Toy Hauler)
2008 Cadillac STS-V (The Car)
2008 2500 HD Silverado (The Work Truck)
2008 Honda TRX400 (Her Bike)
2006 Honda TRX450R (The Bike)
2005 Mazda 3 2.3L (Her Car)
2003 2500 HD Duramax (The Truck)

P.S. Fuck Apple.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #28
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I said factory lift option, much more than 6" of travel, and I also said platform to platform. You can buy a factory lifted F150 with a warranty that will out jump a Raptor. Adam is right.
There is no such thing as a factory lift kit. Sure, there are dealer installed lift kits but those consist of drop brackets for the front and lift blocks for the rear. Go ahead and buy a new Silverado here's one http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false. Oh wait, that's $51,514 and you haven't even had the dealer add the lift kit. Well, then you'll need new rims and tires to go with it because those stock ones will just look silly. Now you've spent $60,000 just to have a lifted truck with the same 6 inches of travel. Why do you think I did a solid axle swap on the Explorer. I didn't just want the truck higher, I wanted more suspension travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
You didn't read my post carefully enough. I said that Wranglers are better for 4 wheeling (rock crawling) but Raptors are better for jumping (and woops)!
Who says 4 wheeling has to be in the rocks. I'd say 75% of the wheeling I do isn't rock crawling. Go back and watch the video of the Motorgen offroad run and let me know how much time we spent rock crawling. Maybe I just don't really go 4 wheeling. A Raptor would be a great truck for that 75% of the time.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:02 PM   #29
That's Mr. Bitch to you.

I am thinking something like this with the difference in upgrades.

2012 Sand Storm (Toy Hauler)
2008 Cadillac STS-V (The Car)
2008 2500 HD Silverado (The Work Truck)
2008 Honda TRX400 (Her Bike)
2006 Honda TRX450R (The Bike)
2005 Mazda 3 2.3L (Her Car)
2003 2500 HD Duramax (The Truck)

P.S. Fuck Apple.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:06 PM   #30
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
I am thinking something like this with the difference in upgrades.
Now go ahead and find a suspension system for it that you think can compete with the Raptor's in the desert. Then go ahead and try to get the power the Raptor has out of that 6 cylinder.