Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-12-2009, 07:35 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Happy Birthday by the way
Ha thanks! I turned 21 yest. Drank too much and got to work this morning at 5am.. fun stuff.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:33 AM   #22
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89StangGuy View Post
Ha thanks! I turned 21 yest. Drank too much and got to work this morning at 5am.. fun stuff.
Check in with how you feel around 2:00pm.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-12-2009, 01:30 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Check in with how you feel around 2:00pm.
I have the runs, a mean headache, and the boss is making me stay an extra hour. That will teach me to never drink on a weekday...
Old 11-12-2009, 08:39 PM   #24
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Vettezuki, directions? I know we wrote them down by hand and you typed them at your house. I'm hoping you still have them.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:46 PM   #25
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Vettezuki, directions? I know we wrote them down by hand and you typed them at your house. I'm hoping you still have them.
This is what I found. LOOK THEM OVER, but I'm pretty sure this is what we used. Some refinements could be made around D, but it's good enough for now for local cruise.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-13-2009, 08:06 AM   #26
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89StangGuy View Post
I have the runs, a mean headache, and the boss is making me stay an extra hour. That will teach me to never drink on a weekday...
Grasshopper, let me show you the way. I'm an experienced professional.

Vettezuki's rules for mitigating the consequences of excessive drinking on a work night. I'm not an alcoholic, but my work takes me to Europe and Japan where drinking, sometimes quite a lot, is part of regular business. Throw in jet lag and you have yourself a challenge.

1 . PACE yourself. You can put away quite a lot over time. If you binge you're just poisoning yourself and there's no magic bullet for that.

2 . HYDRATE. You need to have at least 8oz of water per 1 oz of alcohol. That's extra. Alcohol is a diuretic and a lot of that crappy feeling you get from too much drinking is basically dehydration. Something with electrolytes is good as it will help retain water in your cells.

3. Do NOT go to sleep drunk. Don't really know why, but just trust me on this one. Makes a big difference.

4. Take a nice hot bath or shower before going to bed. Simply helps with relaxing and sleeping better.

5. Take some of your favorite pain killer before going to bed and when you wake up. If Tylenol do NOT take while still under the effects of alcohol as it can literally destroy your liver.

6. Eat a good breakfast, even if you don't feel so hot. It's a huge mistake not to eat just because you feel a little queezy.

7. Hit the coffee if you can tolerate it to compensate for the damage you did the night before.

This is not a great way to live, but if you find yourself in trouble on an late night and you have to work the next day, these rules can make the difference between real misery and something vaguely tolerable.

NEVER EVER over drink on a travel day. If you do, you might get to know a living hell.

And obviously, it's best not to over drink, or drink at all for that matter.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-13-2009, 08:33 PM   #27
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
This is what I found. LOOK THEM OVER, but I'm pretty sure this is what we used. Some refinements could be made around D, but it's good enough for now for local cruise.
Actually, when Leedom, you and I pre-ran it last year when we got back to your house you typed up very detailed directions in a word file. I was hoping you had that
Old 11-13-2009, 09:19 PM   #28
Resident Avatar Gambler

Hacienda Road from Skyline south to Canada Sombre will be closed until November 29.

Ugh, I'm working on a new route now.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:32 PM   #29
Resident Avatar Gambler

I think I'm going to try this route for tomorrow. This will get us around Hacienda. Not sure about the skyline section, but it looks interesting
Old 11-14-2009, 02:39 AM   #30

Quote:
I think I'm going to try this route for tomorrow. This will get us around Hacienda. Not sure about the skyline section, but it looks interesting
No can do on skyline. Fire road. On the south side, can only go as far as suncrest ct. driving north direction, then Closed. Only way I know is to take colima to fullerton rd. and come back over that way.