Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-09-2008, 10:04 PM   #71
I, Vettezuki

On a more civilized note.

This cruise brought back a lot of memories for me. I really didn't get into cars until I was in my late 20s (I'm 34). Except I did want and got my 91 Wrangler when I was 16. I grew up in Norco and spent many nights in the hills, and doing other fun stuff. I'm very sentimental about it. Also, this cruise reminded me of just how good and legit a very basic jeep really is.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:02 AM   #72
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
On a more civilized note.

This cruise brought back a lot of memories for me. I really didn't get into cars until I was in my late 20s (I'm 34). Except I did want and got my 91 Wrangler when I was 16. I grew up in Norco and spent many nights in the hills, and doing other fun stuff. I'm very sentimental about it. Also, this cruise reminded me of just how good and legit a very basic jeep really is.
You did great. It was very obvious that you have experience. A stock jeep with an inexperienced driver would have a tough time without an experienced guide but that's how you learn.

Now you see why my prerun video was so long. It's a lot different than filming a single pass that takes 10-15 seconds.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:14 PM   #73
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
You did great. It was very obvious that you have experience. A stock jeep with an inexperienced driver would have a tough time without an experienced guide but that's how you learn.

Now you see why my prerun video was so long. It's a lot different than filming a single pass that takes 10-15 seconds.
I really had a blast. That was one of the most fun vehicle related things I've ever done. Thanks again Ron and Phil Your friends were also very nice (I believe one of the names was Ron as well) and your kids are the best. We all had gift rocks in our vehicles thanks to Meghan by the end of the run
Old 11-10-2008, 04:05 PM   #74
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
I really had a blast. That was one of the most fun vehicle related things I've ever done. Thanks again Ron and Phil Your friends were also very nice (I believe one of the names was Ron as well) and your kids are the best. We all had gift rocks in our vehicles thanks to Meghan by the end of the run
Glad you had a good time. Now you see why I have so many different vehicles. Explorer for 4 wheeling, Chevelle for drag racing, Cobra is mutli purpose (daily driving, road courses, drag racing, etc.) and then a Suburban in case I need to tow one of the others.

The rocks are a tradition. I have 5 in my truck (2 from Kylie, 2 from Mya and 1 from Meghan). Our friends were Ron with the Silver Jeep and his brother Matt with the Black Jeep.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:52 AM   #75
Fast & Filthy

How's the video editing going?
Old 11-12-2008, 11:24 AM   #76
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
It's going pretty good. I decided last night to break it up into chapters rather than cut it down so much (something like 3x10'). I'll probably have the first bits up in a day or so.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:14 PM   #77

I'm glad everyone had a good time. I had a blast, even being stuck until 8:00 at night. I guess I'm a little sick that way! Hopefully next time we can get a better turn out. We ended up with a small group which was well equiped, so things went really smooth. It is amazing to watch how well a stock truck will do with a good driver. Vettezuki just kept on wheel'n with the little Wrangler and had no problems at all. We have had everything from stock
Jeeps, Explorer's, Silverado's, and samuari's through 2n17x. I hope the video turns out well and does the trail justice. It is a tough trail and usually the pictures and video make it look flat and easy. The thing I love about that run is there is something for everyone; hardcore to easy.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:48 PM   #78
FWD = FAIL

What about some Azusa canyon fun?
Old 11-13-2008, 12:23 AM   #79
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Please see the following thread for the first of n chapters:

http://motorgen.com/forum/showthread...=8646#post8646