Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-19-2011, 06:32 PM   #1

Default Parts for sale:

Evo 8 Brembos, front and rear. The fronts come with 2 sets of pads, one set is brand new HPS pads, other set for front and rear looks like stock pads (50% left), rears needs brake pad hardware. $500.

I also have a T04B H3 turbo ($400) and a GTP-42R turbo ($500) HBC manual boost controller ($40)

Will ship for a little extra if needed.

Boost, because sometimes atmospheric pressure just isn't enough.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 12-19-2011, 06:39 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Either of those appropriate for quick spooling boost up to say 15psi on a VG30ET? (I know slightly more than nothing about turbos.)

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-19-2011, 07:11 PM   #3

The T04B would. The compressor can flow enough for around 400-450hp. I was going to put it on the Typhoon but they dont make an adapter plate for me to go from a T3 to T4 with an external wastegate integrated into it like they do for T3 to T3. The GTP-42R is quite large, 1.0A/R exhaust housing and a 1.1A/R compresser housing.

Both turbos have an exhaust intlet that is divided.

"If it has tit's or tires, you can be pretty sure your going to have problems with them..."
Old 12-19-2011, 07:16 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
The T04B would. The compressor can flow enough for around 400-450hp. I was going to put it on the Typhoon but they dont make an adapter plate for me to go from a T3 to T4 with an external wastegate integrated into it like they do for T3 to T3.
Sounds like we'd have the same problem. Stock is T3. People use the T3/04E, which I guess is a T3 with T4 guts or something like that.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-19-2011, 07:26 PM   #5

Thats a T3 ehaust housing/wheel with a T4 compressor housing/wheel. The T3 and T4 use the same exact bearing housings. Are you looking for an internal or external wastegate? Depending on the setup, they do sell adapter plates that go from T3 to T4, just not the way my picky ass wanted them. This is one you could possibly use. Here is one that isnt divided, could still work if you really wanted to use this turbo.

I was wanting one like this, but the divided housing makes it kinda hard.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:35 PM   #6

Youre not that far from me at all, I can always bring it by and you can take a look at it.

Old 12-25-2011, 03:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Sounds like we'd have the same problem. Stock is T3. People use the T3/04E, which I guess is a T3 with T4 guts or something like that.
Why don't you just upgrade the compressor housing and wheel? You can just go on eBay and buy the parts needed to do it. You just need the T04E compressor wheel, back plate and compressor housing. That's what I did with my GNX turbo. Get a rebuild kit for it at the same time.

Also, accepting reasonable offers, especially if I don't have to ship. If someone here finds someone to pay the prices I'm asking for, I'll pay you a "finders fee".

Old 12-30-2011, 07:23 PM   #8

Need these out of my garage!!

Old 01-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #9

I now have a water cooled bearing housing for the T4 now, will be installing it here real soon.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:50 PM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian View Post
Why don't you just upgrade the compressor housing and wheel? You can just go on eBay and buy the parts needed to do it. You just need the T04E compressor wheel, back plate and compressor housing. That's what I did with my GNX turbo. Get a rebuild kit for it at the same time. . .
Who would be recommended for doing this kind of labor?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)