Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-01-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk
Default Mitsubishi Evolution X FQ400

It's too bad it's not coming to the states, but it's a beast

Here are some details:

"Autocar snagged a handful of pics and some initial specs of the UK-only Mitsubishi Evolution X FX-400, and as suspected, the hotter Evo is a road-going version of the ADR Motorsport-prepared sedan that successfully campaigned this past September in the 24-Hour Britcar Championship.

The turbocharged 2.0-liter 4B11 will put out approximately 405 hp and 400 lb.-ft. of torque thanks to a new turbo, retuned ECU and center-exit exhaust. As opposed to the outgoing FQ400, the Evo X-based model won't use a race clutch, so puttering around town should be bit more bearable, and due to the FQ400's prodigious output, the twin-clutch SST gearbox – which can't handle more than 331 lb.-ft. of torque – won't be used. Despite this, expect the FQ400 to lay down 0-60 times of around 3.5 seconds, 0.6 seconds faster than the Evo X FQ360."

Old 12-01-2008, 01:51 PM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post

Here are some details:

"Autocar snagged a handful of pics and some initial specs of the UK-only Mitsubishi Evolution X FX-400, and as suspected, the hotter Evo is a road-going version of the ADR Motorsport-prepared sedan that successfully campaigned this past September in the 24-Hour Britcar Championship.

The turbocharged 2.0-liter 4B11 will put out approximately 405 hp and 400 lb.-ft. of torque thanks to a new turbo, retuned ECU and center-exit exhaust. As opposed to the outgoing FQ400, the Evo X-based model won't use a race clutch, so puttering around town should be bit more bearable, and due to the FQ400's prodigious output, the twin-clutch SST gearbox – which can't handle more than 331 lb.-ft. of torque – won't be used. Despite this, expect the FQ400 to lay down 0-60 times of around 3.5 seconds, 0.6 seconds faster than the Evo X FQ360."

Oh, and the fact that the SST transmission can't hold more than 331lb/ft is terrible. What is the point of these fancy transmissions (Nissan, I'm looking at you) if they can't hold up to any real power
Old 12-01-2008, 01:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post

Here are some details:

ya this thing is pretty freakin sexy...i like the new body and what not. and that they are gonna use the manual tranny, but the only thing i could see being bad about this just like the last fq400 is the lag. for some reason they picked a turbo on the last generation that had alot of lag, it wouldnt hit full spool till 42-4400rpm because of an oversized hotside, and the cold side was barely bigger then stock. on in the garrett gt28 family of turbo's

but if they got a better bigger turbo then i can really see this being a perfect high hp factory evo.

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:54 PM   #4

o ya here is there uk racing evo :-D

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/16/r...eries-planned/

**Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car
**Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car
**Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall
**Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Old 12-01-2008, 05:21 PM   #5
Internet Tough Guy

40 hp increase over the fq 360 and ditching the transmission that shifts for you and you think that will equate to a .6 sec drop to 60?

I the old FQ 400 was a full second behind 3.5 and weigh less. Must be another one of those technology packed japanese rocketships that defies physics. (GTR)
Old 12-01-2008, 07:24 PM   #6
Resident Avatar Gambler

Maybe they're underrating the engine?
Old 12-01-2008, 08:02 PM   #7
Internet Tough Guy

Sounds more like Nissan.

Here is my prediction. It will do 0-60 in 3.5 secs, but in order to obtain that kind of acceloration you will need to launch the car at 5000-6000rpm. Mitsubishi will see this abuse when the car is serviced and void the driveline warrenty. The previous Evos had limiters to prevent such abuse. If I remember correctly they were limited to 4,500 rpm when the clutch was not engaged (please correct me if I'm wrong). They also came equiped with a insanely weak clutch.

I really like this car. I think it will be a track terror (not talking shit, really). I'm considering either an Evo 8/9 or a C5 for a track only car.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:18 PM   #8
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Sounds more like Nissan.

Here is my prediction. It will do 0-60 in 3.5 secs, but in order to obtain that kind of acceloration you will need to launch the car at 5000-6000rpm. Mitsubishi will see this abuse when the car is serviced and void the driveline warrenty. The previous Evos had limiters to prevent such abuse. If I remember correctly they were limited to 4,500 rpm when the clutch was not engaged (please correct me if I'm wrong). They also came equiped with a insanely weak clutch.

I really like this car. I think it will be a track terror (not talking shit, really). I'm considering either an Evo 8/9 or a C5 for a track only car.
I think I'd probably choose a C5 Z06 for a track only car, but an EVO8/9 would also be a solid choice.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:23 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
Sounds more like Nissan.

The new evos have a factory 2 step at 6k rpms!(but the stock clutch sucks) and the turbos spool up quicker now due to the intake mivec ,exhaust mivec and better flowing heads! FP reds are spooling similiar to stock(just a lil more lag)! as for that thing doing 0to60 in 3.5 seconds. I dont think it will!
if you look at other 400flywheel hp evo x's you might be able to get a idea of what this will do! which wont matter cause we wont see it here and its not worth the price!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:40 AM   #10
Super Moderator

How is it that guys like CornFed are putting down 500hp if the old trans will only hold up to 330ft lbs?

I worry about the integrity of my trans at a 450 ft lb torque rating and I don't even have AWD to help tear it up.