Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 12-16-2007, 12:27 PM   #11
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk
If we do this on a Saturday, I think we might be able to go to the dealership where Mike's dad works and put it on a lift there.
That's a nice offer, but it means I'd have to have it towed there, and then back once the trans is out? It looks like, while not pleasant, getting it out from underneath is doable. I'll build a little plywood platform to support it and then use a jack. Thanks for the offer though. If it becomes too hellish, I might take you up on it after all.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-16-2007, 01:16 PM   #12
Super Moderator

Did the place that rebuilt your trans give you any kind of a warranty on the work that they did? If the internals were the cause of this, maybe it was one of their defective parts or maybe they forgot to torque something down...
Old 12-16-2007, 01:51 PM   #13
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette
Did the place that rebuilt your trans give you any kind of a warranty on the work that they did? If the internals were the cause of this, maybe it was one of their defective parts or maybe they forgot to torque something down...
There is some kind of warranty. I think it was 1 year 12,000 miles. I'm beyond a year since it was rebuilt (though I've only been driving it for about 6 months), and I've only got about 3,000 miles on it. Once we get it out, I will most likely take it there. They're good guys and I think they'll treat me fairly.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)

Last edited by Vettezuki : 12-16-2007 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:18 PM   #14
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

I talked to Mike about this, and he said that we could just do it with jackstands. I definitely want to set time aside sometime after Christmas to get it done - I think it'll be an interesting project.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:09 AM   #15
Super Moderator

My buddy said that he'd be willing to order those parts for you with his autonation discount.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:00 AM   #16
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
My buddy said that he'd be willing to order those parts for you with his autonation discount.

Word! I'm let me know what times (probably after X-mas) are convenient for you to come and see what chaos I've got go'n on. I'll talk to the Toy Shop again and see if they might throw me a bone (I've only got about 3,500 miles after 8 months of driving since they rebuilt it.) Though it was sitting around for a hwile before being installed and so I'm technically out of my 1 year, 12 month warranty.

Most people think it was a defective part because a lot of guys put more power than I do through that stock shaft and other parts should have failed first. I'm not blaming the Toy Shop; it may simply have been one of those microscopic details that went undetected, and wouldn't have caused a failure if not for the harsh conditions.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-18-2007, 02:37 AM   #17
Super Moderator

True true. Someone might have dropped it, causing a hairline fracture. Or it might have been in an accident. This trans was probably moved around a lot, from the junkyard, to the speedshop.

I'm free tomorrow during the day, and Wednesday all day and night. I'm leaving for Big Bear this Friday, but after Xmas I should have loads of free time.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:34 PM   #18
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
. . . but after Xmas I should have loads of free time.
We'll see what I can do about that.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 12-18-2007, 08:38 PM   #19
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

I talked to Mike and I think we're looking at January for your parents cars too. What kind of cars are they(I know one is a diesel truck, what's the other?).
Old 12-18-2007, 09:05 PM   #20
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk
I talked to Mike and I think we're looking at January for your parents cars too. What kind of cars are they(I know one is a diesel truck, what's the other?).
Durango and Diesel Truck

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)