Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 07-28-2008, 06:18 PM   #1
Graphics B*tch

Default Latest work done.

Well this weekend the work continued on the Mach. Finally installed my Steeda Tri-ax shifter on saturday. I love it. The shifts are firmer and a little bit shorter. The position is a little more comfortable as well.
On sunday I installed the spring isolators that the previous owner took off to drop the car lower. I hated how low it was, I scraped over almost everything and hit the bump stops all the time. It took about 5.5hrs. The back was a piece of cake once we disconnected everything (thanks for the advice Mike). The front, well... was a pain in the butt. I had Sean's help for the driver side (stop laughing everyone, Sean actually helped). The springs were fighting me everywhich way. Well once done, the car sat about 1" higher. I figure the suspension will settle a little so if I get about .5" to .75" I will be happy. I love how the suspension feels now. Mike even pointed out that my stabalizing shock was not even bolted to the axel. Just another thing that the previous ower failed to give me when I bought the car. Oh well, for the deal I got I can't complain. Looking forward to the Motorgen cruise this weekend now!!!

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 07-28-2008, 07:39 PM   #2
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
Well this weekend the work continued on the Mach. Finally installed my Steeda Tri-ax shifter on saturday. I love it. The shifts are firmer and a little bit shorter. The position is a little more comfortable as well.
On sunday I installed the spring isolators that the previous owner took off to drop the car lower. I hated how low it was, I scraped over almost everything and hit the bump stops all the time. It took about 5.5hrs. The back was a piece of cake once we disconnected everything (thanks for the advice Mike). The front, well... was a pain in the butt. I had Sean's help for the driver side (stop laughing everyone, Sean actually helped). The springs were fighting me everywhich way. Well once done, the car sat about 1" higher. I figure the suspension will settle a little so if I get about .5" to .75" I will be happy. I love how the suspension feels now. Mike even pointed out that my stabalizing shock was not even bolted to the axel. Just another thing that the previous ower failed to give me when I bought the car. Oh well, for the deal I got I can't complain. Looking forward to the Motorgen cruise this weekend now!!!
I always forget what a pain in the ass most anything related to shocks are. Unfortunately I usually remember when starting a new job.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-28-2008, 09:14 PM   #3
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Doing the shifter was fun - doing the shocks was not. The front's were really difficult. The back wasn't too bad once Mike showed us how to get the rear end low enough to do it. I really want a ride to see what kind of difference the isolators make. I bet it's a lot more livable.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:34 PM   #4
Graphics B*tch

I love the ride now. The suspension is still stiffer than stock, but now there is some give. I can actually park on Sean's driveway and not scrape the front chin spoiler. I can go over spendbumps faster than 6" per hour. I ordered the bolt for $4.50 and the rubber cup holder insert. Hopefully I will have the bolt before Saturday.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 07-28-2008, 11:36 PM   #5
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordfreak View Post
I love the ride now. The suspension is still stiffer than stock, but now there is some give. I can actually park on Sean's driveway and not scrape the front chin spoiler. I can go over spendbumps faster than 6" per hour. I ordered the bolt for $4.50 and the rubber cup holder insert. Hopefully I will have the bolt before Saturday.
Cup Holder FTW. I don't remember what chief designer, I think it was for Renault, who said, "The only thing we know about the American market is that they require cup holders."

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-29-2008, 12:20 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I always forget what a pain in the ass most anything related to shocks are. Unfortunately I usually remember when starting a new job.
Old 07-29-2008, 12:54 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
I meant springs. Struts are the least pleasant in my experience. The front coil springs on the Vette weren't TOO bad to change, but not fun.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 07-29-2008, 03:14 PM   #8
Super Moderator

The vette was so easy! Try taking coils off of I Beams.

The rear spring can be kind of a head scratcher though.
Old 07-29-2008, 03:17 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Adam, you just need to get air bags man!

Old 07-29-2008, 04:03 PM   #10
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
The vette was so easy! Try taking coils off of I Beams.

The rear spring can be kind of a head scratcher though.
I've done them on a Protege 5 and a Buick something or other. The Vette was the easiest, even though you have to disconnect the lower control arm. The struts on the other two cars were a bit*h.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)