Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 05-28-2014, 01:08 AM   #1
I, Vettezuki

Default Someone tell me abou their

awesome summer car projects because I need to live vicariously. . .

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-28-2014, 09:03 AM   #2
pain's fun, hit me again

I washed my truck.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 05-28-2014, 04:36 PM   #3

I am going to start a project in a few months in a 73 chevy stepside, I have a ls1 out of a wrecked gto and the matching a4 trans, drop it down update the brakes and suspension a bit. not sure what else. will post pics once i start.
Old 05-28-2014, 05:24 PM   #4
I, Vettezuki

Sweet. My 82' Vette is an LS1(x) conversion with T56. Don't know what you plan on doing for wire harness, but if you want something super clean and minimized I recommend Speed Scene Wiring in TX.

http://speedscenewiring.com/

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-28-2014, 09:20 PM   #5
Internet Tough Guy

Well, the vette will be done in a couple of weeks. So that's one. I will build a front splinter and then set up the suspension. Lots of changes there so it will take a while.
I have the procharger sitting in the garage for the stang. I actually have a lot of parts sitting waiting to get installed.
Finally, I got some shop space and buy in from some of my guys to try and finish the lemons car. Got to coordinate the pick up.
Should make for a fun summer.
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 05-28-2014, 09:26 PM   #6
I, Vettezuki

Word. Your shop space part of your house or somewhere else? Just curious.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-30-2014, 05:25 PM   #7
Internet Tough Guy

We got some garage space at our warehouse with work..
2009 Jetta Auto 2.5 liter
Old 05-31-2014, 06:54 AM   #8
Super Moderator

About 6 months ago I realized my intake manifold was leaking. About 4 months ago I searched for intake manifold gaskets. Last month I ordered one. Two weeks ago I bought some high temp silicone. Last week I almost... Almost changed it out. But no.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:37 AM   #9
I, Vettezuki

I've lost three engines in the last six months. First the Devil Aveo, then both Mazdas for different reasons. Signed over the Devil Aveo for labor trade to do engine swap on Protege, and it runs now. Next up is the Miata and I'll have to figure out what I'm going to do with it then, since we also (had to) buy a new car; the xD, which is a great little car. Also the one buck truck started being a little bitch with fuel pump issues and I'm tired of it's leaky intake, so that's on the docket as well. So I have plenty of car shit going on since last august, just not a goddamn bit of it any fun.

Some of the older gents at work have bought some new cars, one a loaded Camaro, another a loaded Challenger (which honestly is my favorite looking) and our head of IT a brand new M5, which is pretty nasty all wrapped up in some refined packaging.

Oh, and the earthquake knocked down my wall which I had to rebuild and I'm dealing with the VA on behalf of my father; /shudders.

Pretty sure I must have been some kind of asshole in my previous life . . .

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-01-2014, 02:57 AM   #10
Super Moderator

Your car broke down, but you have more than one car.

Your wall fell down, but you own your own home.

There's always problems in life, but you have a good life and you're a sexy bitch to boot. Now get out there and yank that Miata motor like yesterday. Unplug the harness, lay it over the fender, yanky yanky, swappy swappy, torquey torquey