Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #11
I, Vettezuki

Swung by the VZ store before heading home. They said they had no official release date for the SG3, but expected it "relatively soon."

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #12
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Swung by the VZ store before heading home. They said they had no official release date for the SG3, but expected it "relatively soon."
Preorders are live now. Releases either the 28th or July 7th.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #13

Alternatively, if you don't want to wait for the SGIII or don't want to pay debut price, I'm quite impressed with my Samsung Galaxy Nexus which is currently the best phone Verizon offers.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #14
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARP View Post
Alternatively, if you don't want to wait for the SGIII or don't want to pay debut price, I'm quite impressed with my Samsung Galaxy Nexus which is currently the best phone Verizon offers.
Good phone, but literally everything is better on the SG3. Bigger screen, way better CPU and GPU, twice as much ram, bigger battery, better radio, etc.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #15
Resident Avatar Gambler

Oh, and the Nexus doesn't have an SD card slot either.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:53 PM   #16
Resident Avatar Gambler

Oh #2, the camera on the GS3 is WAY better than the Nexus.
Old 06-07-2012, 01:29 AM   #17
I, Vettezuki

I'll check out the pre-order (assuming on line somewhere). It's an upgrade so as long as it's <=$200 I don't particularly care. Might even get the company to pay for it.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #18

Personally, if I were buying right now rather than when I bought my nexus 2 months ago I would go with the SGIII. However, no matter what phone you decide on I would HIGHLY recommend buying through AmazonWireless.

http://wireless.amazon.com/b/6841770...1&pf_rd_i=G001

It's just like buying through Verizon but I saved over $100. Ignore Amazon's warranty and just call Verizon to activate the phone and get their insurance.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:02 PM   #19
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by AARP View Post
Personally, if I were buying right now rather than when I bought my nexus 2 months ago I would go with the SGIII. However, no matter what phone you decide on I would HIGHLY recommend buying through AmazonWireless.

http://wireless.amazon.com/b/6841770...1&pf_rd_i=G001

It's just like buying through Verizon but I saved over $100. Ignore Amazon's warranty and just call Verizon to activate the phone and get their insurance.
Well I'm eligible for an upgrade price, will it still be lower? Is that what you're saying?

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 06-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
Well I'm eligible for an upgrade price, will it still be lower? Is that what you're saying?
Yes, you need to be eligible for an upgrade to get their discounted price. You enter your line of service number in the checkout process and they make sure you're eligible.