Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-21-2009, 09:55 PM   #1
Internet Tough Guy

Default Spending some money

I know I've dropped a couple of planned installation threads on you guys. i was pretty much brainstorming on getting faster. Well I finally let loose with some funds and got the following list of modifications. I'm hoping this will get me into the sub two minute mark at Buttonwillow and in the minute forties at California Speedway.

Motor Mods:
Ported factory throttle body
Ported FAST 90mm
Vararam (Halltech for sale)
Catless X pipe
Everything is going to set me back about 2 g's with dyno tuning and labor.

Suspension:
Pfadt super stock front sway bar
PFadt chamber plates
This came out to about $900. Word to all the C5 and C6 guys. stay away fromt he Pfadt rear sway bars. Too still , it will have you spinning like an S2000.

Brake:
Deleting the fog lights and converting the openings to intakes that feed the front brakes. $800 total parts and labor. This will pay for itself in two months in brake pad and rotor longevity alone. I am also upgrading to a dedicated race pad. Either the Hawk or the carbotechs.

Tires:
Hoosier R6.

I ordered all the parts today. I will do some prep work and then drop the car off at excelsior motorsports for completion on October 1st.

October 10th I have my first TTU event and I'm hoping to cement myself in the top three with this list of mods.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:12 PM   #2
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6 View Post
I know I've dropped a couple of planned installation threads on you guys. i was pretty much brainstorming on getting faster. Well I finally let loose with some funds and got the following list of modifications. I'm hoping this will get me into the sub two minute mark at Buttonwillow and in the minute forties at California Speedway.

Motor Mods:
Ported factory throttle body
Ported FAST 90mm
Vararam (Halltech for sale)
Catless X pipe
Everything is going to set me back about 2 g's with dyno tuning and labor.

Suspension:
Pfadt super stock front sway bar
PFadt chamber plates
This came out to about $900. Word to all the C5 and C6 guys. stay away fromt he Pfadt rear sway bars. Too still , it will have you spinning like an S2000.

Brake:
Deleting the fog lights and converting the openings to intakes that feed the front brakes. $800 total parts and labor. This will pay for itself in two months in brake pad and rotor longevity alone. I am also upgrading to a dedicated race pad. Either the Hawk or the carbotechs.

Tires:
Hoosier R6.

I ordered all the parts today. I will do some prep work and then drop the car off at excelsior motorsports for completion on October 1st.

October 10th I have my first TTU event and I'm hoping to cement myself in the top three with this list of mods.
That's quite a list. I hope you get the times you're shooting for. Where will you be running on Oct 1st?
Old 09-21-2009, 10:18 PM   #3
Internet Tough Guy

No i will drop the car off on the first to finish the mods. i ordered all the parts today. the actual work will be done on the 4th, but we will be doing some suspension tuning too.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:22 PM   #4
Fast & Filthy

Sorry, I meant on the 10th what track are you going to be running at?
Old 09-21-2009, 10:25 PM   #5
Internet Tough Guy

Buttonwillow configuration 13 clockwise.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:27 PM   #6
Fast & Filthy

Cool. Let me know if anything changes and you won't be going because I may try to come up and watch you run.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:30 PM   #7
Internet Tough Guy

Sure. Bring a helmet. when the track goes away I'll be letting guys ride shotgun.
Old 09-22-2009, 02:31 AM   #8
I, Vettezuki

Is this the last step before becoming a dedicated race car?

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-22-2009, 09:55 AM   #9
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Congrats Carlos - your car is going to be a beast. What kind of times were you running before, and how much time to do think this will shave off?
Old 09-22-2009, 10:26 AM   #10
Internet Tough Guy

No definately not the last step before racecar status. You will now when it gets to racecar status because I will start removing everything from the car and drop $15K for brakes and a cage. I'm putting this off until the end of my next sea tour ~3 years.

The bulk of the time will be gain by the R6s and the sway bar. Both will help tremendously with overall grip and transisitons. The chamber plates will actually eliminate movment of the eccentrics during hard driving.

The porting will open up some power, but noting crazy. They did have a crazy individual throttle body system, but I didn't even ask for the cost.