Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-15-2009, 09:42 PM   #21
Graphics B*tch

I have AAA 100 mile towing and I would be willing to let one of my towes go for you. Let me know. If you can find a trailer here in So OC I can tow you up to Ron's house in my truck.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 09-16-2009, 12:00 PM   #22
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
I have AAA 100 mile towing and I would be willing to let one of my towes go for you. Let me know. If you can find a trailer here in So OC I can tow you up to Ron's house in my truck.
Thanks adam hopefully finding a trailer won't be too difficult... my goal is to try and keep things as convenient as possible.

Sean, already had to drive it back to lake forest from past the 15fwy (we were on our way to elsinor when the crack blew)... not good. We're gonna let it sit.

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 12:43 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Tyler,

Why not try to drive it around your immediate area a little bit and see how it does?
i wish i could drive my car but because i'm loosing back pressure i'm not able to accelerate very well, and when it gets worse from driving it i pretty much can't go very far.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #24
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisgirlkera View Post
i wish i could drive my car but because i'm loosing back pressure i'm not able to accelerate very well, and when it gets worse from driving it i pretty much can't go very far.
Back pressure does not make an engine run better. There is something else going on here.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 09-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #25
Graphics B*tch

If you can find the crack you might want to try and put some JB weld on it till you get it fixed. Might allow you to drive it and have it run a bit better till you get it fixed for good.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 09-16-2009, 01:21 PM   #26
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Back pressure does not make an engine run better. There is something else going on here.
to little back pressure isn't good either tho, try putting a 4in exhaust on a NA civic... sllloooowwww

Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 09-16-2009, 01:21 PM   #27
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedom View Post
If you can find the crack you might want to try and put some JB weld on it till you get it fixed. Might allow you to drive it and have it run a bit better till you get it fixed for good.

that might be a really good idea... i bet if we did that we could at least get it out there

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 09-16-2009, 02:04 PM   #28
Neanderthal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn View Post
to little back pressure isn't good either tho, try putting a 4in exhaust on a NA civic... sllloooowwww
Over scavenging can effect power ( lowers it), back pressure does not help power, it only hurts it.

Scavenging, when done correctly, will assist the filling of the cylinder not slow it or even push mixture back into the intake like back pressure will.

Over scavenging will pull the fuel air mixture into the cylinder and right out the exhaust causing less power. It's all a balancing act.
2016 Nissan Altma
Old 09-16-2009, 06:35 PM   #29
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUTAL64 View Post
Over scavenging can effect power ( lowers it), back pressure does not help power, it only hurts it.

Scavenging, when done correctly, will assist the filling of the cylinder not slow it or even push mixture back into the intake like back pressure will.

Over scavenging will pull the fuel air mixture into the cylinder and right out the exhaust causing less power. It's all a balancing act.
So I could be correct in stating that running open header on a car not tuned to take advantage of that can cause a loss in hp correct? I drove kera's car before and after this happened, and rode in it after the first time.. No engine damage that is noticeable, but clearly a loss of torque and slow accel

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 09-16-2009, 06:51 PM   #30
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn View Post
So I could be correct in stating that running open header on a car not tuned to take advantage of that can cause a loss in hp correct? I drove kera's car before and after this happened, and rode in it after the first time.. No engine damage that is noticeable, but clearly a loss of torque and slow accel
Perhaps. But you're talking just a leak right? That's not going to be much of a drop in pressure. Does that engine have an EGR? Is that leaking or otherwise somehow damaged? If so, that can definitely screw you up.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)