Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 09-14-2009, 08:32 PM   #11
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Shouldn't be hard, don't cry about it. Just soak the bolts, pipe flange bolts especially with penetrating oil the night before.
Lol... Thanks enkei. Ur neverending encouragement is helpful as long as I can reach it from top / bottom I should be fine. After all, we did my 02, dp, and exhaust in my garage... Effing heatshield ftl. Thanks for all ur help guys, we'll probably be making an order soon for the rh exhaust mani this week

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 11:24 PM   #12
Fast & Filthy

I haven't worked on a V6 before so I don't know how much room there is to remove the manifold. I know that when I remove my engine in the Cobra I just leave the shorty headers on the heads because the headers are really hard to get in and out off the head. It's easier just to remove the head and header as one piece.

Tyler, we didn't meet but I was the tall guy with the tall blonde wife and the two little girls. If you want some help with it let me know. My only requirement would be that you come out to my house to do it. I live out in Fontana but I have any tool that we would possibly need here.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:34 PM   #13
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
I haven't worked on a V6 before so I don't know how much room there is to remove the manifold. I know that when I remove my engine in the Cobra I just leave the shorty headers on the heads because the headers are really hard to get in and out off the head. It's easier just to remove the head and header as one piece.

Tyler, we didn't meet but I was the tall guy with the tall blonde wife and the two little girls. If you want some help with it let me know. My only requirement would be that you come out to my house to do it. I live out in Fontana but I have any tool that we would possibly need here.
might take you up on that but i'm not sure it can make the drive... doe motorgen have a towing rig that we can use?? trailer maybe?? Pssst Ben.... How'd u pick up Rx-Snake???

Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 09-15-2009, 01:38 PM   #14
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn View Post
might take you up on that but i'm not sure it can make the drive... doe motorgen have a towing rig that we can use?? trailer maybe?? Pssst Ben.... How'd u pick up Rx-Snake???
I picked up Rx-Snake from Ben's house with my trailer and towed it to my house. I'm the one that made and installed the roll bar.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:39 PM   #15
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Can you not drive her car at all?
Old 09-15-2009, 02:41 PM   #16
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
I originally just used my totally awesome AAA to bring it home, one of the best values going. If you don't have the 100 mile package, get it. Anything that requires DMV, go to AAA, you'll live a longer and more stress free life. For later work, Ron picked it up with his trailer.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 09-15-2009, 03:08 PM   #17
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
Can you not drive her car at all?
last time this happened it wasn't driveable and broke down on us in yorba... we can certainly try to move it around but i feel that it would likely be unsafe to make the trip from lake forest to fontana.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 09-15-2009, 03:13 PM   #18
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
last time this happened it wasn't driveable and broke down on us in yorba... we can certainly try to move it around but i feel that it would likely be unsafe to make the trip from lake forest to fontana.
If you want me to help just let me know when you have the manifold and we can arrange a day to do the install. I'll come out with my trailer and we can tow the car back to my house and do it here.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:53 PM   #19
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
If you want me to help just let me know when you have the manifold and we can arrange a day to do the install. I'll come out with my trailer and we can tow the car back to my house and do it here.
ok, we'll figure it out once we pick up that part.. and we'll work a deal for ya

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 09-15-2009, 08:52 PM   #20
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
ok, we'll figure it out once we pick up that part.. and we'll work a deal for ya
Tyler,

Why not try to drive it around your immediate area a little bit and see how it does?