Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 06-23-2009, 08:14 PM   #11
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinaSRT-4 View Post
What's up guys . Tyler, I can definitely help you out with the problems quoted above. For the tranny rebuild you will need to contact Joe Dirt on SRT forums since he knows the SRT-4 inside and out and does awesome work at a great price. He is the go to guy for SRT transmission rebuilds. Dropping the clutch and swapping out the clutch/TOB/And clutch release fork is not that difficult but it requires some time which I do not have.

I can also take a look at the leak from your O2 housing to see if we can fix it and do some boost leak testing.
Sounds Good!! I know of Joe Dirt, I'll be keeping my eye out for him when I need the tranny done. I might look at a fuel pump rewire too, did you notice a huge improvement? I just got a diablosport so I will be needing more fuel after some of this stuff is dealt with...

Best ET 14.668 see timeslip
Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
I'd race ya, but you'd eat me up dawg!!!
Old 06-23-2009, 09:57 PM   #12
Graphics B*tch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBoostn View Post
#3 is mostly solved. I have to check on a loose/stripped bolt that isn't tightening down right not sure what that'll entail but grind is gone. I needed new pads.. the Pass Side INSIDE pad was at metal, but the Pass side OUTSIDE had about 60% meat left. Couldn't tell without actually taking a look at everything. Got that handled now. It was a really weird wear pattern though... kinda angled and moreso on the inside. I'm keeping my eye on this in a few weeks.
Are you sure that your rotor does not need to be resurfaced? Was it complete metal or almost? New rotors would not be too much $$.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten
Old 06-23-2009, 10:32 PM   #13
FWD = FAIL

LOL I know Joe Dirt he comes to my meets on Saturdays. I can hit him up if you want.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:11 AM   #14
Boost Junkie

new rotors are coming pretty quickly here lol

Mods to come: rims + rubber, intercooler, piping, Stage 3 equivelent turbo system with aftermarket turbo and all supporting systems. Goal HP: 400fwhp Goal ET: 11.90 on slicks.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 06-24-2009, 02:03 PM   #15

Quote:
Joe, can you help???
I can help with some of this. But I'll tell you right now, I'm not working under your car. I'd rather get beaten. I just paid someone to replace my clutch because I hate it so much.

Let me know. This Saturday, I'm going to the Street Legals.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 06-24-2009, 02:10 PM   #16
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedls View Post
I can help with some of this. But I'll tell you right now, I'm not working under your car. I'd rather get beaten. I just paid someone to replace my clutch because I hate it so much.

Let me know. This Saturday, I'm going to the Street Legals.
.. Can be arranged... JK Joe!

I'm mostly worried about wiring, I know you did some of the wiring on your car, and I was hoping you might me willing to help me on the wiring for mine lol. I don't have a soldering gun and the guts to cut open my harness. As for being under my car, I'll take care of that haha

I can probably do the clutch with some other help myself, but not for another month or two.

Sean, Saturday I work, no bueno. Maybe sunday? Whatevs. LMK and we'll figure it out.

Joe, GL at the SLs. How're the coilovers?

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 06-24-2009, 03:13 PM   #17

Quote:

I'm mostly worried about wiring, I know you did some of the wiring on your car, and I was hoping you might me willing to help me on the wiring for mine lol. I don't have a soldering gun and the guts to cut open my harness. As for being under my car, I'll take care of that haha

I can probably do the clutch with some other help myself, but not for another month or two.

Sean, Saturday I work, no bueno. Maybe sunday? Whatevs. LMK and we'll figure it out.

Joe, GL at the SLs. How're the coilovers?

No problem with the wiring. I have a soldering gun. Let me know what time and where on Sunday. I can come over and take care of that for you. You have shrink tubing and wire loom?

I'll let you know how the coilovers work after Saturday.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 06-24-2009, 03:14 PM   #18

Quote:
Good luck with that.

Old 06-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #19
Boost Junkie

Quote:
No problem with the wiring. I have a soldering gun. Let me know what time and where on Sunday. I can come over and take care of that for you. You have shrink tubing and wire loom?

I'll let you know how the coilovers work after Saturday.
lol my house or yours... it's not very far. As far as what time, considering how close we are it doesn't matter to me. I have the full repair kit with heat shrink wrapping and a new connection as well.

<guy in turbo eclipse>
Old 06-24-2009, 04:45 PM   #20
Boost Junkie

Quote:
Good luck with that.

My only chance of ever beating you will be with 400whp on slicks with a couple years of driving practice... I'd like to run you someday... but how about when I can only lose by a length instead of a 1/8th of a mile.

Hows the 68?

<guy in turbo eclipse>