Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #21
pain's fun, hit me again

The data logger on my SCT works great, unfortunately, only for Ford
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stopping the world!
Old 04-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #22
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackax View Post
Those ODBII apps suck for real time data logging
Mine with Torque has worked in the past just fine. It's an avenue we may explore this weekend if he doesn't find the problem by then. . . . At this point, it looks like some weird combination of factors that's very hard to tease out.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #23
I, Vettezuki

One 02 Sensor was acting wonky and a the coolant sensor finally threw a code. Replaced the 02 sensor and it drives better overall, but still has the primary issue. Going to replace coolant sensor. . . fingers crossed. Paul has been at it all week and he's about to set the damn thing on fire.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #24
I, Vettezuki

Looks like it's fixed!

The primary culprit looks like a coolant sensor that was intermittently failing but not throwing a code. A lot of other things were improved along the way, the MAF was bugging out, and causing misses, an O2 sensor was a bit chaotic. Should run about as good as it ever did when I get it back. Hope that was it. Looking forward to a little romp time.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #25
pain's fun, hit me again

Coolant sensors can definitely do wonky things, its a common issue on foxes
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 04-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #26
I, Vettezuki

Well, it's much better but not fixed. This is some kind of elusive bastard problem. Before I couldn't drive it hardly at all. THis time I went to pick it up and made it several miles, planning to take Ortega back (brilliant! I know). At the base I setup my logger, and nailed it and it did it, but just very briefly, then seemed to be sorta ok climbing the hill, for a while, then shit itself more or less. So then I turned around and it was basically fine.

It seems to be wors when accelerating from a slow speed (even moderate acceleration when turning), and if climbing for a long while. It's basically fine on the freeway, even accelerating. What a piss off. I'm really wondering fuel system something, but pressure didn't really drop when measuring before. The tank is a bit dirty and the filter/reg is over 10k miles and more than 4 years old, everything with long periods of sitting.

On the upside, when it was running fine, it seemed to be as powerful as ever, that's probably mostly the MAF if figure and the fact there are no more misses. I logged a bunch of data. I'll upload later.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #27

The shop next door borrowed the scan tool today and I forgot to grab it.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #28
I, Vettezuki

See attached. Should work with Google Docs or Open Office (I think) if you don't have a current Excel.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx Data_v2.xlsx (42.7 KB, 8 views)

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 04-07-2012, 08:14 AM   #29
pain's fun, hit me again

How's the TPS voltage?

Stopping the world!
Old 04-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #30

Is the fuel fresh? I had a tank of bad gas that cause my car to behave in a similar way. I had to burn through the tank, add gas treatment and burn through a second tank with gas treatment then the car ran fine.

Bob

2003 Honda Accord EX
1973 Datsun 240Z