Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 04-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #11

Well stock turbo and with e85 I should be running about 21psi tapering to 19ish at redline. This is a direct injection motor and dont have any aftermarket injectors. We are testing out 5th and 6th injectors that are installed in the cold pipe. But with meth there is one guy at 710whp and plenty of 500whp on stock injectors. But we really need aftermarket injectors.

To answer your question, with 21psi tapering to 19psi, with 3gals of e85, and about 23° of timing I'm looking at around 330-340whp and 400-420wtq

Eibach Pro Kit, AEM CAI, Midevil TIP, Custom CBE, Custom Midpipe with E-cutout, Corksport DP, PTP Fuel Pump Internals, Cobb AP, HKS v2 bov, JBR SSP, step 1 colder denso plugs, tune on 18psi....301whp 338 wtq.
Rebuilt Engine, Pauter rods, CP pistions with .020 overbore, ARP main and head studs, Cosmetic Headgasket, SD/cpe injector seals, ACT 6 puck sprung Clutch and lightweight flywheel, FMIC, RMM, Tranny Mount, gound wireing kit. soon to come - koni yellows, retune....
Old 05-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #12

Well to update this thread, I finished my e85 tune. Running 21psi tapering to 16ish by 6500, 22° of timing. Car hauls ass. Peak tq is around 4100 (why idk usually it's around 3200) peak power is around 5300 which is prefect for my powerband.

It's time for a new turbo as mine has 62k miles and has been smoking for the past 15-20k miles. I got a used turbo and had my friend that ported the head and intake mani rebuild it and is going to port the back half and add a shim or two to the wastegate so I can hold more boost to redline.

Eibach Pro Kit, AEM CAI, Midevil TIP, Custom CBE, Custom Midpipe with E-cutout, Corksport DP, PTP Fuel Pump Internals, Cobb AP, HKS v2 bov, JBR SSP, step 1 colder denso plugs, tune on 18psi....301whp 338 wtq.
Rebuilt Engine, Pauter rods, CP pistions with .020 overbore, ARP main and head studs, Cosmetic Headgasket, SD/cpe injector seals, ACT 6 puck sprung Clutch and lightweight flywheel, FMIC, RMM, Tranny Mount, gound wireing kit. soon to come - koni yellows, retune....
Old 05-23-2012, 03:18 AM   #13
I, Vettezuki

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 05-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #14

What were the official HP and TQ numbers?

1992 Mustang LX - Weekend toy
-5.0 5 speed swapped
-5 lug 4 wheel disc
-Cobra Intake, BBK shorty headers, BBK catted X pipe, MAC flowpaths with Flowmaster 3" tailpipes
-8000k HID's
-MM Caster/camber plates

*Waiting for install*
-New rear hatch
-New rear bumper cover
-Cobra Brakes

Old 05-31-2012, 10:17 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1992Hatch View Post
What were the official HP and TQ numbers?
I have not dyno'd it but ppl with less mods and 3 gals of e85 put down between 340 and 350whp and 380-410wtq. So I'm somewhere right in there.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:15 AM   #16
Fast & Filthy

How do you know where the peak hp and tq are without dynoing it?
Old 05-31-2012, 11:21 AM   #17
pain's fun, hit me again

What he said
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 05-31-2012, 05:08 PM   #18

Because RACECAR

Shaolin belief: Repay every wrong with forgiveness and kindness.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:56 PM   #19

That build looks sic dude. I have the same injector issues as you do since the cobalt ss uses a 2.0 DI motor. I'm not sure how your HPFP works but ours is a cam driven unit. We currently have 2 options, a new set of cams with a different fuel pump gear to turn the pump faster, or a 5th injector in the intake manifold. Our EVAP system uses a port right in the middle of the intake mani directly behind the throttle body. Its perfect for putting a 60lb injector in. For me, it would allow me to run straight E85 instead of having to mix it. I'm not sure how your car responds to E85 but mine will demand about 2300psi of rail pressure from 3000-6000rpm (on my e85/91 mix tune) and the car will only be able to provide about 1000psi rail pressure or less until like 4500rpm. I can't get enough fuel in the cylinders. Having the extra injector would allow me to get enough fuel in there based on boost levels. Just cruising around, I would run on the DI only, then if I needed the extra go juice, the 5th injector would get me there. There are a bunch of cobalt guys trying to do a dyno day this summer, I'll let you know when it is so you can get a run on the rollers, I think they are talking like $50 for 3 pulls on it but I don't have all the details as of yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
How do you know where the peak hp and tq are without dynoing it?
I'm not sure what tuning software he is using (I'm sure he said earlier in the thread) but most will show peak airflow numbers, That is what I usually use as the guess for peak power at a given RPM. When I tune for my E85/91 mix tune it I get ALOT of airflow from like 3000-5000 RPM, my torque band looks like an LS block V8.

The Race Car lol: 2004 Cadillac CTS-V... With things.

Better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:06 PM   #20
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryridesmotox View Post
I'm not sure what tuning software he is using (I'm sure he said earlier in the thread) but most will show peak airflow numbers, That is what I usually use as the guess for peak power at a given RPM. When I tune for my E85/91 mix tune it I get ALOT of airflow from like 3000-5000 RPM, my torque band looks like an LS block V8.
I don't see how you can get peak hp and tq numbers from airflow data. I didn't tune my Cobra, Steve at Powertrain Dynamics did, but I know that when my buddy (Ron's Friend on here) did his twin turbo GTO we took it to GTR to run it on their dyno to get the power numbers.