Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 01-26-2010, 08:51 PM   #1
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk
Default Motorgen GMR Cruise February 20th!

Now that the date is determined, I wanted to start a new thread to avoid confusion.

The next cruise will be on February 20th and based on feedback from our last event I'm changing some things around. I'm moving the meeting point closer to the actual run (to keep everyone together better) and I'm also making the run shorter. This one is only about 43 miles so it won't be such a long day. Thanks again to everyone for showing up in January though - it was amazing to see 70-80 awesome cars of all different makes and models all cruising together!

The meet point for this cruise will be at a Kohl's in Upland with a very large parking lot. The address for Kohl's is:

1923 N Campus Ave
Upland, CA 91784

This puts us only about 5 miles or so from the beginning of the run. As I mentioned above, the total distance for the entire cruise is 43.3 miles. It should last about an hour and a half total. Once we finish the run the meeting point will be at a restaurant called La Tolteca (EXCELLENT Mexican food with a large parking lot and plenty of room for all of us inside unlike the last time at SuperMex). The restaurant is less than 5 miles from the end of the run, so again it should be a lot easier to keep together. The address for La Tolteca is:

429 N Azusa Ave
Azusa, CA 91702

I am going to shoot for a meet time at the Kohl's in Upland at 2:45p.m. We will leave the lot at 3:30p.m. I checked and the sun is due to set at 5:40p.m. on the 20th so we should have plenty of time to get off the mountain before it gets dark. With any luck, we should arrive for dinner between 5 and 5:30p.m.

Here is the route we are taking.
I have gone through and cleaned it up by hand (don't trust google maps completely) and it should be simple. I will have directions for everyone at the Kohl's and will hand them out before we leave. The drive is a lot of fun and the views are pretty incredible.

For anyone that wants to meet down in Orange County and caravan to Upland, I'm going to post up a time and location shortly.

If we have as many cars as last time, we'll probably try to break up into groups of 20-25 cars (we could break everyone up into groups of "fast," "normal," and "just out to enjoy the view" speeds).

For anyone that was at the last cruise, is the video and sets of pictures here, here, and here.

See everyone on the 20th!
Old 01-26-2010, 09:43 PM   #2
Resident Avatar Gambler

Someone pointed out that their might still be snow and or black ice depending on weather between now and then. If that is indeed the case and things are unsafe, I'll have some kind of alternate plan ready.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:10 PM   #3

*Excited*
Old 01-26-2010, 10:18 PM   #4

Hey, new member here. I saw your cross-posting on srtforums.com and came over here to sign up. Count me in for the run. I'm not sure whether I'll bring my 05 SRT-4 or my 86 Mustang, but I'll be there. I'm game to meet in OC to caravan up to Upland.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:03 AM   #5

looks good!

I'm from the srtforums as well. I havent been up to gmr in a while, but it should be fun!
Old 01-27-2010, 10:37 AM   #6
Resident Avatar Gambler

Welcome to the board guys - always good to have some SRT's along. I'll figure out a spot for an OC caravan tonight or tomorrow. I'll post it up in all the threads.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:41 AM   #7

Frankie and I are in !! Got my new tires and should have them installed this week.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:55 PM   #8
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
Frankie and I are in !! Got my new tires and should have them installed this week.
Excellent
Old 01-27-2010, 02:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdracer73 View Post
yay, maybe this time we'll see eachother before we're halfway through the cruise... so I can say hi. haha
Old 01-27-2010, 05:52 PM   #10
Resident Avatar Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalC55 View Post
yay, maybe this time we'll see eachother before we're halfway through the cruise... so I can say hi. haha
I thought you told me last time you were avoiding them