Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 11-01-2009, 11:00 AM   #91
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanPlunk View Post
First of all - THANKS AGAIN RON!

I definitely think with one more run I could have cut my 60ft down another tenth or two. I finally figured out how to do a good burnout (again thanks to you) and the car was hooking hard. I think I could have launched at over 4k rpm's and still hooked. I was also encouraged to see the 115mph trap speed. I was afraid maybe the car was down on power, but that's about where it should be. I'd love to get an 11 second slip
I have no doubt that you can run an 11 with some more practice with your launch. You just need to get that 60ft down to the 1.7 range. I think most of the issue is you being nervous about breaking a halfshaft. Once you get past that you'll see an 11. I don't don't worry about breakage because if I break something I just fix it.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:12 AM   #92

Congrats on you times Adam & Sean!

We should find a good 1/4 mile track and make a Motorgen weekend drive to it!

I cant help but feel like I never want to subject my car to the shittiness that the Fontana 1/4 mile track is... ever... ever
Old 11-01-2009, 11:36 AM   #93
Fast & Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalC55 View Post
Congrats on you times Adam & Sean!

We should find a good 1/4 mile track and make a Motorgen weekend drive to it!

I cant help but feel like I never want to subject my car to the shittiness that the Fontana 1/4 mile track is... ever... ever
Fontana's track is not a bad track. They actually did a good job of prepping the track yesterday. I was watching them prep it first thing in the morning and they sprayed the whole track from start to finish with VHT. Even after the first car oiled down the right lane they took the time to spray the entire lane from start to finish with VHT again.

It also looked like they scraped the track recently because there was a nice flat layer of rubber on the starting lines.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #94

Well then... Anyone have any hookups on some private night runs?
Old 11-01-2009, 12:42 PM   #95
I, Vettezuki

On a PSCA day, or private day, CSW is not bad. I wouldn't say it's great because even on a good day, it can be
- hot
- a little sandy
- altitude (atmospheric conditions)
- runs ever so slightly uphill

Compare to ringer tracks like English Town where C6Zs run low 11s on street tires with fairly average drivers.

But yes, a lot of the street legal crappiness is administrative and management related. This is where Irwindale is just heads and shoulders above.

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-01-2009, 12:54 PM   #96
I, Vettezuki

BTW, Sean has tried to contact and discuss arranging a private day with the track. Let's just say they aren't exactly the most communicative group.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 11-01-2009, 03:00 PM   #97

Has anyone ever gone to other tracks either in the SD area or up north (ventura, Santa Barbra, etc)?

I'd really be interested in heading to a "good" track. Could be fun to have a mini caravan drive on the way too
Old 11-01-2009, 03:39 PM   #98
Internet Tough Guy

The National director of NASA proracing also briefed that the Cal-Speedway guys are difficult to work with. They have come down hard on racers before for bedding their pads in the loop around the parking areas.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:31 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalC55 View Post
Has anyone ever gone to other tracks either in the SD area or up north (ventura, Santa Barbra, etc)?

I'd really be interested in heading to a "good" track. Could be fun to have a mini caravan drive on the way too

The only other 1/4 mile track in Southern CA that I am aware of is in Bakersfield.

HP numbers are good and all, but they are like asking someone how much they can bench. What difference does it make if I can still kick your ass?
Old 11-01-2009, 04:35 PM   #100
Graphics B*tch

I must agree with Sean in the fact that getting 2 runs in is pretty $shitty. There is no need to allow 500 racers in but to get more money in their pockets even if it is at the racer expense (not getting more runs in and being happy).

HUGE THANKS TO RON FOR THE TIRES!! It is amazing the jarring force at the line when the car hooks at launch. I best my previous 60' by .172, ET by .271 and .82 MPH. I know with a few more runs I could have gotten a sub 2 sec 60' and at least a 13.65 time. Ron seams to have more faith in my driving ability then me and thinks I can manage a 13.5 easily. Once I get my gears and new tired of my own I think I might be able to get close to the 13.1.

I thought that they did do a great job of taking care of the spills. They did all the clean up each time in less than 45min. We get mad at the track for taking so long but if drivers were not stupid then it would not be as bad. people break something and decided to coast down most of the track before stoping, screwing eveyone else more so than the track people.

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten