Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 02-23-2009, 10:08 AM   #11
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvertermi04 View Post
With a 2.73 up top they say to go #2 lower if u have like a 2.93 and i think also if u have the 2.8 then u need to go with the #4 lower.
If you do a lower you have to change the alternator pulley too, right?
Old 02-23-2009, 10:11 AM   #12

For those kind of questions i always go to the Socalterminators.com guys, they are supper smart on the cobra stuff, might want to ask that before i do the install. If i actually go that route.

Best Trap Speed 89.67MPH on Nitto Street Tires
Old 02-23-2009, 10:20 AM   #13
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
For those kind of questions i always go to the Socalterminators.com guys, they are supper smart on the cobra stuff, might want to ask that before i do the install. If i actually go that route.
That's interesting. I have a higher trap than 89 in the 1/8th. And I mean a real clocked flying mile top speed run, not just a little blurp to "high speed". .

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #14

Thats on street tires im sure it will be updated after march 13th when i go to the track.
I dint know ur car could go past 120MPH LOL By the way the link for the Garage thing u were trying to tell me does not work Can u send it to my by PM

Old 02-23-2009, 11:21 AM   #15
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Thats on street tires im sure it will be updated after march 13th when i go to the track.
I dint know ur car could go past 120MPH LOL By the way the link for the Garage thing u were trying to tell me does not work Can u send it to my by PM
I was on Nitto street tires too. Your trap will probably go down an mph or two on low psi DRs. Anyway, I like Cobras quite a bit, I just like teasing Cobra drivers even more.

I pasted in a bogus link. Here it is.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-23-2009, 12:08 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettezuki View Post
I was on Nitto street tires too. Your trap will probably go down an mph or two on low psi DRs. Anyway, I like Cobras quite a bit, I just like teasing Cobra drivers even more.

I pasted in a bogus link. Here it is.

All in good fun lol

Old 02-26-2009, 08:03 PM   #17

2/24/09

Ok guys back at it. This time the Caster Camber plates from MM as well as the FLSC from MM went in. Here is the pics enjoy them and comments please.
The tires were put on on Saturday. These are the new ones.
Front ones NITTO555's Stock Size.

Rear ones NITTO555R'S Stock Size.

These are the old ones. Im never buying used tires. The other cobra was way out of alignment and were worn unevenly. They were free so how could i say no.

First pic is the car in the lift. To do the FLSC it has to be a Drive On Lift and also this is the lift for the Alignment.

The Caster Camber Plates. Passanger Side.

Drivers Side

Engine Shot with the plates on.

Now time for the FLSC and some Welding.

The Connectors

Set up the tools and clean up the under body as well as mock up the connectors.

Time for some Welding as well as some messing around in the background.

Connectors on and ready.

Time for the Alignment all around.

This is all the old stuff from this install.

After time for some dinner here is a couple of pics of my Buddie Christian's 07 GT California Special, my Buddie Dave (the guy that did all my installs) with his 06 GT with a Shelby front end conversion & my Buddie Noe with the Blue 65.

Well guys, that is all I am done with all the installs. Next thins on the list would me more suspension stuff like all the bushings, as far as performance mods im thinking lower pulley and maybe a small shot of the happy sauce. Hope u guys like them and thanks for the comments.

Old 02-26-2009, 08:25 PM   #18
I, Vettezuki

Man are you gonna regret wanting comments. . .

You can see that the stock Cobra is not quite heavy enough. So what we do is weld in a big ass piece of steel tubing to correct the issue.

Ah, just teasing.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 02-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #19
Resident Avatar Gambler

Send a message via AIM to SeanPlunk

Quote:
2/24/09

Ok guys back at it. This time the Caster Camber plates from MM as well as the FLSC from MM went in. Here is the pics enjoy them and comments please.
The tires were put on on Saturday. These are the new ones.
Front ones NITTO555's Stock Size.

Rear ones NITTO555R'S Stock Size.

These are the old ones. Im never buying used tires. The other cobra was way out of alignment and were worn unevenly. They were free so how could i say no.

First pic is the car in the lift. To do the FLSC it has to be a Drive On Lift and also this is the lift for the Alignment.

The Caster Camber Plates. Passanger Side.

Drivers Side

Engine Shot with the plates on.

Now time for the FLSC and some Welding.

The Connectors

Set up the tools and clean up the under body as well as mock up the connectors.

Time for some Welding as well as some messing around in the background.

Connectors on and ready.

Time for the Alignment all around.

This is all the old stuff from this install.

After time for some dinner here is a couple of pics of my Buddie Christian's 07 GT California Special, my Buddie Dave (the guy that did all my installs) with his 06 GT with a Shelby front end conversion & my Buddie Noe with the Blue 65.

Well guys, that is all I am done with all the installs. Next thins on the list would me more suspension stuff like all the bushings, as far as performance mods im thinking lower pulley and maybe a small shot of the happy sauce. Hope u guys like them and thanks for the comments.
Jose the car looks great, good work. I know almost nothing about suspension (what else is new, right?) so can you explain to me exactly what the caster/camber plates do? My guess would be they allow you to adjust the caster/camber of the suspension for better handling, but would you really notice it that much in normal driving? Help

Oh, and you're coming to Savi on Sunday, right? Let's do a big savi meet this week.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:50 PM   #20
Graphics B*tch

I am actually very surprised that the Cobras did not come with the crappy factory SFC. Mine did and I am not pulling anywhere near the power you guys are. I am not sure how good they are but even so, something would be better than nothing right?! Looking good Jose. The next mods I am going to be doing are Caster/camber plates (MM of course) so let me know how they feels, FLSF connectors, and the new rear control arms. that should do for suspension until I get some real power with a oversized blower thingy!

'13 Ford Fusion SE (2.0L EcoBoost)(Conor)

'03 Zinc Yellow Mach 1(Yazmine)
290HP / 305TQ
1/4 mile ET: 13.28 @ 101MPH (1.867 60')

'99 White F-150 (4.6L)(Bud Jr.)-gone but never forgotten