Home
Don't have an account? Create one now! It's always free!

Forgot Password
Ed's Auto Parts - Mention MOTORGEN for a Discount!
Motorgen Sponsor: McLeod Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: American Muscle - Add style and performance to your Stang
Motorgen Sponsor: Hall Fabrication & Racing
Motorgen Sponsor: Injectors Plus - Performance Fuel Delivery Systems

Old 08-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #1
Super Moderator

Default Punished a Blown 347 T-Bird... NA

So I was driving the Vette today, and this guy in a 90s T-Bird is trying to race me. But Im ignoring him, thinking he's not worth my time. But I pull up next to him at a light, and I hear this strange gear whine, like mine but a different pitch. My first thought was that my blower gears are taking a shit, then the guy in the T-Bird gets my attention points at his hood and tells me that he's got a stroker 347 with a centrifugal blower... so the whine was coming from his car.

I decide to give him a run after hearing that, so I pull on him hard at first, jump out in front, then after a second it felt like something was wrong with my engine... like I broke something or the AFR was way rich. So I was pulling on him still, but not by a lot.

Gave him a thumbs up, pulled into the parking lot and opened the hood. My intercooler pipe blew off!! Hahaha. So that's why I slowed down and it started runnig super rich. I pulled on him naturally aspirated with a messed up AFR. Suck it bitch.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:34 AM   #2
I, Vettezuki

One day, when you get that thing to run properly for more than 10 minutes at a time, it's going to be fucking awesome!

Motorgen on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Motorgen Project Car
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-26-2012, 05:11 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Hahaha, but that's my point. At its worst it's still awesome. Sooo suck on that sonnn. Yes, this posting was sponsored by vodka.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:26 AM   #4
Fast & Filthy

One day when I have the trans fixed in the Chevelle and they re-open Fontana you'll have to come out so I can punish your Vette.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #5
pain's fun, hit me again

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
One day when I have the trans fixed in the Chevelle and they re-open Fontana you'll have to come out so I can punish your Vette.
Word

And unless that dude REALLY knows what he was doing it was probably only making 375ish to the wheels, which would make sense why you pulled on him n/a
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!
Old 08-26-2012, 12:35 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94cobra69ss396 View Post
Let's just go from a roll next time we're at a motorgen meet. There's no ques you know how to and can launch better. So lets just take driver skill out of the equation and see whose car is faster.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #7
I, Vettezuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by enkeivette View Post
Let's just go from a roll next time we're at a motorgen meet. There's no ques you know how to and can launch better. So lets just take driver skill out of the equation and see whose car is faster.
How about top speed flying mile. Something not as dangerous to the public and and objectively instrumented AND isolates car max speed. Cobra vs. Vette. The Chevelle is probably RPM, not drag limited.

Motorgen on

Motorgen Project Car
(active)
Motorgen Project Car
(back burner)
Old 08-27-2012, 08:07 AM   #8
Fast & Filthy

I won't run you on public roads but I like Ben's idea about running a standing mile. He's right about the Chevelle. The top speed if I run it to 6500 would be about 140. I currently run 133 in the quarter mile. We'll have to look at running the standing mile when I have the Cobra done. Right now it only has the short block in it and I'm going to be building a new engine so it's going to down a few months at the least. I have to keep it smog legal so there is no way the Cobra can come close to making the power your Vette does. That will give you a big advantage in a mile plus with your Vette having a better drag coefficient frontal area you should be able to MPH much higher than the Cobra. I might have a chance of beating you in a quater mile though. Kind of like I did Carlos. If we had been running a full mile Carlos would have killed me.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #9
Super Moderator

Im gear limited to 270, suck it.
Old 08-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #10
pain's fun, hit me again

Or how about running at the track like men are supposed to, roll racing is for fags.
Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely — lay your life before him

Stopping the world!